CHATROOM: Dash Camera

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
sprocket

ImStricken wrote:
sprocket wrote:Any chance you could (at your convenience) post a night time screenshot too to see how the sensor does in low light?
they are worthless lol. they only pick up lights moving. in a bright parking lot you have better odds though.
Somehow, I expected that to be the case :(

MuranoDriver
Car: 2007 Nissan Murano SL

Finally received mine yesterday... was ordered weeks ago but it was free shipping so I can't complain.

Initial thoughts are that it's a decently made product and can be used for more than just the car if wanted.

Will post up some vids soon. :)

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

MuranoDriver wrote:Finally received mine yesterday... was ordered weeks ago but it was free shipping so I can't complain.

Initial thoughts are that it's a decently made product and can be used for more than just the car if wanted.

Will post up some vids soon. :)
:dblthumb: :popcorn:

MuranoDriver
Car: 2007 Nissan Murano SL

Well... the video is so-so, even at the highest quality. I couldn't get the license plates to really show. The zoom and light are pretty useless.

It's worth the 50 bucks though. Cool toy to play with. :)

Here are a few vids at different times of the day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIU5lVskQjc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IElOj_OpoyE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1QID6AAN5w[/youtube]

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

good quality video's for $50, and an absolute ASSET to prove that a deer did in fact jump out (for example) to avoid a careless driving ticket.

sprocket

Mmm ... tempting. I think I will buy one and try it out.

If I decide down the road that I'd like to spend more than 4x and get something like a BlackVueDR400G HD II or an ITB100-HD, I can retire this one to the wife's car. She's not too crazy about this but I think it's important to have :)

Thanks for the videos, ImStricken and MuranoDriver.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

i love this camera. another big thank you to Sqash for getting the idea out there. they are not like super-duper 100% perfect 1080p... but for $50, they are perfect for the application. i really hope i dont need to rely upon it, but with the increase in traffic, cellphone related accidents, and the sheer volume in my area = i think its a great investment to make sure my story is corroborated in court.

Nick2010

ImStricken wrote:i love this camera. another big thank you to Sqash for getting the idea out there. they are not like super-duper 100% perfect 1080p... but for $50, they are perfect for the application. i really hope i dont need to rely upon it, but with the increase in traffic, cellphone related accidents, and the sheer volume in my area = i think its a great investment to make sure my story is corroborated in court.
Hi ImStricken, I ordered the same one you have and it just came in today, does it require a higher grade TF card or class 4 works ok? I see $17 for the 32Gb but $35 for the class 10.

I haven't installed it yet but I'm planning on using the wire for the autodimm rearview mirror since I am not using it, hopefully it's easy enough since I don't want to mess with the A-pillar.

Thanks!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Nick2010 wrote:Hi ImStricken, I ordered the same one you have and it just came in today, does it require a higher grade TF card or class 4 works ok? I see $17 for the 32Gb but $35 for the class 10.

I haven't installed it yet but I'm planning on using the wire for the autodimm rearview mirror since I am not using it, hopefully it's easy enough since I don't want to mess with the A-pillar.

Thanks!
I have a SANDISK 32GB, Class 4 microSD and it works just fine. :)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

I been using a dashcam from Taiwan for half years. Its Trywin TD3 with 1080p. I believe Taiwan has the best dashcam because, well, they use them a lot ~.~"
But at least I can see most of the license plate in good condition and at night when the car is right in front of me.

zengshengliu

THANKS

zengshengliu

I am uploading videos of it on youtube, will post the link after its finished

Video uploaded
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zchd4LmK6Pw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2D4Y-Bbl9U[/youtube]

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

Nice videos, I really like what I see... The Blackvue 400HD has a great video quality.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

MorrenCraige wrote:I have been considering to get a dash camera with GPS for weeks, and now decided to order this one I want a good performance-cost ratio one regardless of brands, how do you think of this item? :rotfl
nice try pal. quit spamming on here. goodbye!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

got a new one(a couple actually)

here is one of them:

zengshengliu

I upgraded mine to the BlackVue HD 550 with Dual Camera, so now I have a camera on the front and one on the back :)

Black B15

This is one of the few things that I still want to add to my Rogue. Good info here. Hey Stricken, how much did that new one cost you?

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Black B15 wrote:This is one of the few things that I still want to add to my Rogue. Good info here. Hey Stricken, how much did that new one cost you?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310737028215?ss ... 1497.l2649

just shy of $28. dude its TINY; i love it. its tucked away and no chance of anyone seeing it(which is great since i didnt want it drawing attention). i think you'll reall like these

sprocket

ImStricken wrote:
Black B15 wrote:This is one of the few things that I still want to add to my Rogue. Good info here. Hey Stricken, how much did that new one cost you?

just shy of $28. dude its TINY; i love it. its tucked away and no chance of anyone seeing it(which is great since i didnt want it drawing attention). i think you'll reall like these
ImStricken, how's the video quality for both day/night? Can you record/mute audio, is it clear? Can you specify the loop duration?

I think the camera I have is the same one you tried out some time back, it's time for me to upgrade. That one is not able to record audio (sounds distant/scratchy), night time quality sucks in anything less than well lit streets, suction cup can't stay on when temps drop super low. Really want to upgrade, especially if it's only $28 :)

Let me know, post a night video if you could :)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

sprocket wrote: ImStricken, how's the video quality for both day/night?
night time is iffy to be honest with you. its very hard to get good quality on most camera's without attaching an IR light to the front of your vehicle (similar to military humvee) see that weird light next to the driver side turn signal? thats the ir light

Can you record/mute audio, is it clear?
clear on one, horrible on the other. its hit or miss with these things. im ok with that, since i mute that option anyway. i dont want anyone knowing im on the phone, and what i am talking about. you never know, if an accident happens, the cops will listen to your prior convo's.
Can you specify the loop duration?
1min, 2min, 3min, 5mins durations. the first camera had longer durations.

i will post video's after v-day. the 1st camera i bought is the ms.'s gift, and i dont want her to know i have these LOLOL

95_240
Car: 1995 240sx

Just ran across this thread. I've got a G1W for my car. Paid around $50 for it. I never knew dashcams were this cheap otherwise I would have bought one sooner. I hardwired mine in using one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/290945871996?ss ... 1497.l2649# with a fuse tap.

This is a great forum for dash cam info. http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/

Black B15

ImStricken wrote:

I just ordered one for $24.99 shipped on ebay, same one you linked to but a different seller. I am looking forward to checking this thing out. My biggest concern is for insurance purposes. There have been several times where a camera would have proved extremely useful, and for this price how can you NOT buy one. I know they are that mass produced, made in China crap, but still.....$25 is a helluva price.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

i agree. i predict these are gonna be standard features within the next 5-7 years(probably mounted on the rear view mirror)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

(make sure your volume is up) LMFAO - LMFAO - LMFAO

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9lF_9m7yQ[/youtube]

Black B15

That is funny and awful at the same time. I did laugh out loud pretty hard though.

Having said that, if I was this guys insurance adjuster we would be talking about why he was going so fast on a snow covered road, over a blind hill....followed by a question of "you didn't see those two vehicles, with their headlights on, coming straight at you when you came over the hill at 70mph?"

If I worked with the insurance company for that semi, I would argue fault based on what I am seeing in this video.

If you ask me, guy kind of got what he deserved. Going way to fast from what it looked like, on heavily snowy roads, over a blind hill, and not slowing down much sooner seeing a semi in your lane about 1/2 mile away. I have a feeling NEXT time dude will be driving much slower.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Black B15 wrote:That is funny and awful at the same time. I did laugh out loud pretty hard though.

Having said that, if I was this guys insurance adjuster we would be talking about why he was going so fast on a snow covered road, over a blind hill....followed by a question of "you didn't see those two vehicles, with their headlights on, coming straight at you when you came over the hill at 70mph?"

If I worked with the insurance company for that semi, I would argue fault based on what I am seeing in this video.

If you ask me, guy kind of got what he deserved. Going way to fast from what it looked like, on heavily snowy roads, over a blind hill, and not slowing down much sooner seeing a semi in your lane about 1/2 mile away. I have a feeling NEXT time dude will be driving much slower.
you cant prove speed via this video, unless you recreate it with the same camera and compare it. its not even cost effective. if someone tried to claim speed was a factor, they better have concrete evidence to stand up in court; cuz thats where i'd be taking it reaaaaaal fast.

but i do agree the idiot could have seen he upcoming problem- and slowed down. but look who we are dealing with; an emotionally unstable moron. kinda the type to get cold feet in a situation and not react fast enough lol

Black B15

Good points.

Back on topic, I haven't even got the first one I ordered and I am already contemplating buying a second one that would mounted in the upper corner of the rear window looking backward.

My Rogue has two cig/12 volt plugs but I am thinking I need to get at least one of those "double" outlet things you plug into the 12volt outlet.

I run the kids DVD player off of the plug under the armrest, and my phone charger off of the front one. I don't think the Rogue can handle having two double 12 volt adapters do you?

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Black B15 wrote:Good points.

Back on topic, I haven't even got the first one I ordered and I am already contemplating buying a second one that would mounted in the upper corner of the rear window looking backward.

My Rogue has two cig/12 volt plugs but I am thinking I need to get at least one of those "double" outlet things you plug into the 12volt outlet.

I run the kids DVD player off of the plug under the armrest, and my phone charger off of the front one. I don't think the Rogue can handle having two double 12 volt adapters do you?
sure they can. as long as things dont add up to more amps than the 15(i think its 15) that the fuse is.

but why not just add a cig plug to the rear? watch my video to see how easy it is to drill a hole, and add a plug into plastic. just run a positive wire to the rear & ground it on any metal
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Yixo8oWHA[/youtube]

Black B15

I may just do that.

Return to “Rogue Forum”