Gouges in the Roof????

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
stormybw
Car: G37 Convertible

Anyone else having problems with the roof being gouged by the braces in the trunk??

Local technician indicated to me that they were having these problems when the roof remains down for an extended time. He claims he believes the hydraulics drop pressure over time and allow the roof to shift and the brackets to gouge into the roof.

My roof has already undergone attempted repairs 4 time and now needs to have additional paint work as well as paint removed from the seal between the roof panel where they allowed overspray.

Please let me know if anyone else is having these problems. Thanks!!!

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

stormybw wrote:Anyone else having problems with the roof being gouged by the braces in the trunk??

Local technician indicated to me that they were having these problems when the roof remains down for an extended time. He claims he believes the hydraulics drop pressure over time and allow the roof to shift and the brackets to gouge into the roof.

My roof has already undergone attempted repairs 4 time and now needs to have additional paint work as well as paint removed from the seal between the roof panel where they allowed overspray.

YIKES -
Post up some pics to clarify the defect that you are referring to.
My roof is down almost all the time and I havent noticed anything unusual...

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

I have not noticed anything on my car's roof either- photo would be gr8 like bschurr said.
bschurr wrote:
stormybw wrote:Anyone else having problems with the roof being gouged by the braces in the trunk??

YIKES -
Post up some pics to clarify the defect that you are referring to.
My roof is down almost all the time and I havent noticed anything unusual...

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”