got some questions about my ka24e...

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
crypt2k
Car: cars, women, what else.

Hi guys... I just need to know the location of a few parts in my engine and what they look like... here they are: Power steering pump, air conditioner compressor, and the oil pump.

Your help is very appreciated.

Thor

Power Steering PumpThe pump is turned by one of the three accessory belts. It is located (standing at the front of the car looking into the engine compartment) on the left side of the engine. Two belts are routed to this left side...power steering and alternator. The power steering pump is the upper unit....the alternator hides below it.

Air Conditioner CompressorThe Air Conditioner Compressor is the only accessory belt that is routed to the right side of the engine (once again, standing in front of the car looking in). It is a large unit with aluminum lines running off of it.

Oil PumpThe oil pump works off of a drive spindle assembly behind the splash shield. It will not have an accessory belt linked directly to it.

crypt2k what are your intentions? Anything causing problems...symptoms...etc?

Hope this helps,Dave

crypt2k

Thanks Thor!!!

And about your question... I am trying to replace a broken timing chain guide... so I have to take off the front timing cover in order to get to it... im using a chilton service manual and it isnt very detailed in telling me where these parts are in the engine... so I stopped working on the car until I had these questions answered(didnt want to take off any unnecessary parts).

And again..... THANKS Thor!

crypt2k

another thing... how do I get the a/c compressor pulley out of there... i see no bolts or anything to get it out of there.

crypt2k

and where is the oil pump in the engine bay... left/right side? top or down?

crypt2k

ok.... i found out where the oil pump is and removed it... now.. on to the rocker arm... what does it look like?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”