got my new 78 today

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
LindseyM

I bought this off a local guy for $275 dollars, I know most of you guys have yours looking really nice, so fair warning this picture might burn you eyes. The cab is blue, the box is primer and the inside of the box is green.  My husband is a mechanic and he is just shaking his head, but he is helping me get the parts I need, and is going to install a new clutch for me.  After he drove it home he made me go talk to our building manager and tell her it was ours so it quote "Doesn't look like someone just dropped that thing off here." 

LindseyM

I'm not very mechanical, so my husband went to look at it for me.  I drove him by in the night to show him where it was and the first words out of his mouth are, "...front light is out, front bumper is coming off, rust damage..etc."  I told him: "you really take the excitement out of buying the a vehicle."  Then he said, "Don't give him 400 and if you get it order a clutch."

Pac. coast Datsun

Congrats...your before pics look fine. My 620 was tore up at 1st. Yours looks fairly straight too. Question...is the grill the rare chrome one or is it painted silver?

LindseyM

Nope I'm afraid it is just plastic.  I'm going to go to the salvage yard today and see what they have available.  Not a lot of people get into these little pickups up north, at least not in the "I'd like to fix that up" status.  Up here with the snow and ice most people just want them running and looks are of no consequence so I might be able to get some decient parts.

Return to “Datsun 620”