Got my mom a new Nissan

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

December 29th, my father and I went to a local Nissan dealer in Orlando and traded our 20 year old Accord in for a 2018 Nissan Kicks SR for my mom. One thing we didn't look at while we were buying it was the amount of damages the car has, and is still being fixed. And a favorite thing it doesn't have is the crappy navigation that my Rogue has. Also, the little CUV is quicker than a Sentra (sorry for those that own the new ones as they are loud and super slow) and it rides better than my Rogue (which has been taking abuse lately because of my job).

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I thought you guys hated Nissan and you weren't ever going to buy one ever again?

EdBwoy

Lol, right?
And are you happy or unhappy that it doesn't have the navigation option?

Either way, best of luck and I hope your family enjoys a pleasant ownership experience.

datechboss101

I am very happy that it doesn't have that same stuck up crappy navigation that I have to deal with. Overall, it does its job and purpose for what we are intending to use it for. It is rather quick in acceleration, which is another plus.

And PapaSmurf, we looked at all of our options within $20k out the door. And most brands were off the list, since it doesn't have the requirements that we want. And we never looked at Toyota and Lexus because I hate those two brands to the extreme hell.

And here is the breakdown for what we looked at:
Ford: Ecosport (most were 3 banger 1.0L Ecoboosts).... over budget and I dont wanna drive a 3 banger. Focus SEL (rear leg space and room was a joke).

Honda: Civic LX (Base trim, only has back up camera, and NO rear vents).

Nissan: Rogue SL (Dealers didn't wanna come down to 25k OTD and was forcing us to finance through NISSAN USA). Rogue Sport SL (Dealers forcing us to finance with NISSAN USA). Versa (who tf uses manual crank windows in 2019). Kicks SR (Deal happened after 3 tries, and we also repeated that we will walkout if the price goes $1 over $20k).

Lissandragaren3
Car: Honda civic

Are you sure you really want to buy another Nissan again?
LOL

Woodnutz78
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT MT

For the most part, financing is financing, as long as you read what you're signing and have the best rate you can get, so I don't know if that should be too much of a hurdle.

I can't believe you actually found a car with a window crank. I wouldn't expect most younger drivers to even know what that is. Shoot, it would almost be cool to get one just for the novelty (almost)... although at the moment, I wish my 2006 CR-V had a window crank, as the master window switch on the driver's door just went out - now I'm "that person" at the drive thru :whistle:

At any rate, best of luck with the new ride, bud.

datechboss101

Lissandragaren3 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:04 am
Are you sure you really want to buy another Nissan again?
LOL
I guess you read the thread that I have dedicated just for ranting about things I hate about my Rogue and about the dealership experiences :rotflmao

And that thread ain't dead, because once I start DIY repairs and it gets costly, I'm gonna go off on a tangent.
Woodnutz78 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:01 am
For the most part, financing is financing, as long as you read what you're signing and have the best rate you can get, so I don't know if that should be too much of a hurdle.

I can't believe you actually found a car with a window crank. I wouldn't expect most younger drivers to even know what that is. Shoot, it would almost be cool to get one just for the novelty (almost)... although at the moment, I wish my 2006 CR-V had a window crank, as the master window switch on the driver's door just went out - now I'm "that person" at the drive thru :whistle:

At any rate, best of luck with the new ride, bud.
Did I just only mention a window crank :facepalm: ? Because it also has manual side mirror adjusting (not power), and a 5spd MT (not a 6spd) with also the crappy CVT that we Nissan owners dearly love, yet it has AC and Bluetooth media for some reason.... :inout:

We just put tint on it and it looks hella better. 15% on the rear windows and hatch, and 25% on the front windows, and limo tint on the top portion of the windshield to block sunglare.

Now, I just need to know IF there is a DEDICATED KICKS forum on here.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:58 pm

Did I just only mention a window crank :facepalm: ? Because it also has manual side mirror adjusting (not power), and a 5spd MT (not a 6spd) with also the crappy CVT that we Nissan owners dearly love, yet it has AC and Bluetooth media for some reason.... :inout:
It has a 5MT AND a CVT?

Woodnutz78
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT MT

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:58 pm

Niiiiice - window crank plus manual side mirrors makes me almost nostalgic for my old '98 Civic DX hatchback. Of course, I wouldn't care even if my Z had manual items like that - as long as it drives the way it does, that's all that matters.

... and um, yea, ditto on RicerX's comment.

Return to “General Chat”