GOT IT!!!!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Yippppeeee Skippy, I got it today!!! I had several different dealers calling all over the place trying to find the car I wanted. They called me several times saying they had one, knew where one was, etc. and the deal fell through every time. Finally, after several days of getting the run around from some and honest efforts from some, I decided to take matters in my own hands. Armed with the good ole internet, I hit Nissan's website and clicked on dealer locator. Then, I put in my zip code and done a 100 mile search. That yielded 10 dealers and netted 3 possible cars but the deal fell through every time. They either just had sold the car or it was the wrong color, etc. Next, I put in a different zip code for a city about 35 miles east of me and that netted 31 dealers!! I must have called at least 25 of them and one swore they could get one but were just too busy on a Saturday. But, first thing Monday, they would get right on it. Fine, I thought, mess around and I will just keep looking. Then, by sheer luck, I hit a dealer that had exactly what I wanted. I didn't believe it and made them walk out to the car with cell phone in hand and read the sticker to me. Yep, exact match so I asked for the out the door price. It turns out to be about $40 cheaper than a different dealer who didn't actually have the car!!! I told them to hold it on the spot. Then, I proceeded to head the wrong direction and what should have been a 2 hour trip turned into nearly 4 hours!!! Luckily, this dealer was open till 9 pm on Saturdays and by 7 pm, the car was ours. I couldn't be happier with it!!! My wife, daughter and I are very pleased and exhausted from a 3 day marathon of endless calls and disappointments. I think I got a good deal also. Now, for the details. My Versa is as follows: Color: Fresh Powder, Interior: Beige, Model: 1.8 HB SL with CVT, Options: Convenience group, floor mats, splash guards. The sticker was $17,015 and I walked away with it for the out the door price of $17,266.50 which I thought was a great deal. That was tax, tags, title and whatever else there is associated with the thing. I am flat tickled pink. So, for all those looking for a Versa, hit the Nissan website and find the car yourself. Type in surrounding city zip codes and do a 100 mile radius. Don't let the first 25 or more "no I don't have one" get you down!!! If anyone is in NC, the dealer I went to is absolutely great and I would recommend them anytime. It is Central Carolina Nissan in Sanford, NC. I saw at least 2 other Versa's there today, a red one and a blue one. I think they also had a gray or silver one as well. Good luck and if you need more info on this dealer, send me an e-mail or post here.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Congrats!!!

Glad Nissan has created a car that has generated this much excitement.

Kermee

Congratulations! Great price too!

Cheers,Kermee

ilusha55

Congrats!

Hope to see some pictures of the car...

skoobahead
Car: Powder 1.8SL CVT

Excellent price!What is the tax/title and tags cost in NC?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Ah, the power of the Nissan site. Isn't it lovely? That's how I found my Versa so quickly.

Anything else you're going to add to it?

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

I may add the XM satellite to it and most likely do the window tinting. I had another vehicle tinted at a place that does all the law enforcement work vehicles and they do a great job. Other than that, probably nothing for now. I do want the fog lights if they ever become available. I have been busy setting up the bluetooth today and training the system for my voice and storing phone numbers. I did discover one problem that will need to be corrected. The air bag cover on the dash on the passenger side is loose on one of the edges like it didn't get snapped in place good. I did push it down some but it didn't latch.

electech

The breakdown on the charges are as follows:

MSRP $17015

Price $16310.19Doc. Fee $399Tax $489.31License and Title $68

Total $17,266.50

The tax is 3 percent of selling price. Hope that helps.

Return to “Versa General Chat”