Got a stupid idea for my rifle...

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

So I'm bored and decided to take apart my Mosin Nagant for no real reason when I thought about this. The finish on the rifle isn't THAT great and I'm kinda tempted now to take some wood friendly paint and paint the stock flat black. Stupid idea, or stupidest idea?

bobotech

Unless you have some collector grade gun such as a Finn Mosin or a hex receiver, I would say go for it.

Hell it might be fun as hell to hack one of those up and graft a sliding AR stock, some rails on the front, and paint it black and make it a "tactacool" looking Mosin.

Totally useless and dumb but would be one hell of an attention getter.

Put a laser, scope, and a flashlight all on it. Make sure the laser has one of those coiled wire on off buttons.

LOL

Even cooler, SBR the thing and make it into a pistol.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

dear lord what the hell is wrong with you...

the guns won't see a real high collector value, they're mainly there for shooting.

me personally, like the way they look with the full wood stock...makes me wanna beat the Allied forces into Berlin when I hold one.

bobotech

Mr1der wrote:dear lord what the hell is wrong with you....
Oh come on. You know you would LOVE it if someone were to SBR a 70 dollar mosin, chop it so it has a 6 inch barrel, remove the stock and graft SOMETHING to the thing somehow. Make sure that it is now a pistol and put a vertical front grip on it with a crapload of rails. EOtech sight on top.

A HUGE muzzle brake on the front so that when it lights off, it makes a MONSTER boom and blinds everyone in the range.

God, I wish I could do SBR in this state, I would love to do that to a Mosin. I would be a range hero.

Oh yeah, and make sure you shoot heavy ball out of the thing.

Loki
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Heh, that's taking it pretty far! I looked up the gun's history and it's far from collectible I think. Matching numbers, sure, but it's THE most common Mosin out there.

So what kind of spray paint would you recommend? The stock is kinda glossy but I don't believe it is laminated.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

laminated refers to how wood looks.

a laminated stock isn't made from a solid piece of wood, it's more like ply wood.

stronger than a normal wood stock.

here's what the laminated stock resembles

it'll show different colors as it's seperate pieces of wood that are then sanded to form the stock..the sanding is what reveals the different grain and color patterns.

Loki
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Ah, I see. I thought it referred to some type of shiny lamination on top of the wood. Then no, it's definitely not a laminated stock

Return to “The Great Outdoors”