GOP group caught red handed again (Karl still connected)

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
bigbadberry3

http://notlarrysabato.typepad.com/doh/2 ... forms.html

Strategic allied consulting trying to cheat an election again. New state, this time, destroying registration instead of only allowing GOPer's to register.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

There's a strangeness here. Why would people who for whatever reason were not dyed in the wool Republicans, and thus exactly what GOP people would want to register, do so at a Republican office? I would assume that hard core GOP people would be the only ones registering there. If that's the case than perhaps this guy is a Democratic operative undermining a GOP effort? It just doesn't make any sense.

I don't think any party official should be insinuated in the registration process.

bigbadberry3

themadscientist wrote:There's a strangeness here. Why would people who for whatever reason were not dyed in the wool Republicans, and thus exactly what GOP people would want to register, do so at a Republican office? I would assume that hard core GOP people would be the only ones registering there. If that's the case than perhaps this guy is a Democratic operative undermining a GOP effort? It just doesn't make any sense.

I don't think any party official should be insinuated in the registration process.
I get your drift but I could go to Wrigley field in a sox jersey. The job of the security would still be to protect me even if they didn't like my view point. It's their job.

themadscientist

But they have made a huge leap of assumption about the motivation of this act that flies squarely in the face of logic. People would not register to vote in a hostile location so it's very reasonable to expect that registrations coming from a GOP operated office would be strongly aligned with the party line and in support of them so it doesn't make any sense why they would be thrown away. We aren't talking about a polling place which is supposed to be objective and where people of divergent views must interact. This is the belly of the beast and it looks like they are chucking registrations that would help them. We need more info.

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

Nope....never heard of voter fraud before.....we don't need no stinkin' voter ID laws, people dont commit voter fraud.....

Any issue involving humans is going to have bad guys on both sides. More stringent voter regulation will effect both sides, but its needed. ID laws wouldn't impact this particular case, but reading the article, it mentions another deal involving registrations with made up names? I don't care if its libbies or repubes cheating, cheating needs to be addressed and stopped.

The last thing I want is Romney actually pulling this thing off, just to have some historical reversal based on rampant right wing fraud.

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

But I also agree with TMS, alot more info is needed to draw any sort of conclusion here. The article even calls for this, in wanting to find out if the trashed registrations were democrat voters or not.

And....its not likely, but its possible that there is a perfectly good explanation. Mayhaps a school had kids fill out registration cards as a learning exercise, and they ended up needing trashing? A stretch sure, but its possibly this could work out to be benign. Again, not likely, but possible.

themadscientist

No, your scenario is a legitimate reason to trash them which doesn't require the driveby mob-style drop off.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

themadscientist wrote:There's a strangeness here. Why would people who for whatever reason were not dyed in the wool Republicans, and thus exactly what GOP people would want to register, do so at a Republican office? I would assume that hard core GOP people would be the only ones registering there. If that's the case than perhaps this guy is a Democratic operative undermining a GOP effort? It just doesn't make any sense.

I agree we need more data to make a conclusion, but I could see a few scenario's where it wouldn't be so strange.

Marenta
Car: 2008 Mopar Crap AND '91 Isuzu Impulse RS

Update: he has been charged. And, because I am coughing too much to sleep.

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/m/article/ ... ham-county

Return to “Politics Etc.”