Google assistant

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Toddmc
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue

I'm having trouble getting a 2021 Rogue to work with google assistant. When I try to send any command it says

"This feature is not available on the selected model. Would you like me to list the features available on your ROGUE?"

If I say yes it then says

"You can . What would you like to do?"

First, I am sure it's a feature on this car. On this page if you select 2021 Rogue, and then select Platinum on the next you see google assistant and alexa as features. It's listed as a feature under active subscriptions, and finally voice control works through Alexa. It seems to me that google assistant sends the request to nissan services and then nissan rejects it, like they have the car set up incorrectly.

Also if I call the help number, (855) 426-6628, they have no idea. They have a script to connect google assistant to nissanconnect, which works fine as far as I can tell. The assistant says the message saying the feature isn't available is coming from nissan.

So, does anyone know how to fix this or know of a different support number I can contact?

Thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot (Sep 29, 2021 1_56_44 PM).png
Rogue options screenshot.png
Capture.JPG

meder24
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD

I am not entirely sure how it works with Nissan, but I know with other manufacturers, some services like this work using the vehicles mobile connection services instead of your personal device (cell phone). If Nissan uses the vehicles services, maybe it is possible that your vehicle is not accessing the mobile network in the vehicle. I believe we received a trial period for connection to the Nissan mobile services but I am not sure how long they last as we do not use it. It could be that yours has expired or simply lost connection which Nissan should be able to reactivate.
Again, this is all speculative as I am not familiar with how Nissan offers these services but if nothing else, something to look into.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

meder24 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:08 am
If Nissan uses the vehicles services, maybe it is possible that your vehicle is not accessing the mobile network in the vehicle. I believe we received a trial period for connection to the Nissan mobile services but I am not sure how long they last as we do not use it. It could be that yours has expired or simply lost connection which Nissan should be able to reactivate.
Nissan's trial period is 90 days, but the Connect support people should have told the OP if it was simply an expired subscription. That's the first thing they're supposed to check. It is plausible that maybe the TCU's cellular link is inoperative, or it could be the OP's phone is misconfigured and sending faulty or wrong commands to the car. Keep in mind that your phone is "the boss" when you're connected, the car is a dumb slave device for most purposes. Probably 90% of the connectivity issues we see originate in the customer's phone and not the vehicle, and it doesn't help that Apple famously (and Samsung/LG to a lesser extent) like to "move the furniture" in their operating systems without telling anyone.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

meder24 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:08 am
I am not entirely sure how it works with Nissan, but I know with other manufacturers, some services like this work using the vehicles mobile connection services instead of your personal device (cell phone). If Nissan uses the vehicles services, maybe it is possible that your vehicle is not accessing the mobile network in the vehicle. I believe we received a trial period for connection to the Nissan mobile services but I am not sure how long they last as we do not use it. It could be that yours has expired or simply lost connection which Nissan should be able to reactivate.
Again, this is all speculative as I am not familiar with how Nissan offers these services but if nothing else, something to look into.
BINGO!
Toddmc wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:27 pm
I'm having trouble getting a 2021 Rogue to work with google assistant.

First, I am sure it's a feature on this car. On this page

So, does anyone know how to fix this or know of a different support number I can contact?

Thanks.
Remote Access to Vehicle via the Google Assistant Action
NissanConnect Services works with the Google Assistant...
This service requires an active subscription to NissanConnect Services powered by SiriusXM.

Want to create a MyNISSAN account? Click here to register.
Or
Login to MyNISSAN Account

Toddmc

No, sorry, the three responses above are not the issue. There is an active subscription, and the car has a cellular link. The remote features work through amazon alexa or the nisconnect app. And customer support looked up the subscription and claims it's set up correctly.

The third attachment in the original post actually shows the subscription status. Also read the first attachment. The service doesn't say it can't reach the car or the command failed, it says the feature is not available.

If anyone else has this working, what make and model of car? And exactly what command do you give? I'm copying those from NIssan's web site it gives as examples, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Point taken. You could try doing what I did when I found that my aux USB port under the armrest wasn't working. I took the vehicle to the dealership. They determined that the head unit was defective and replaced it under warranty.

Toddmc

Rogue One wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:07 am
Point taken. You could try doing what I did when I found that my aux USB port under the armrest wasn't working. I took the vehicle to the dealership. They determined that the head unit was defective and replaced it under warranty.
That will probably be my next step, but I'm not optimistic since I don't think anything is wrong with the car. Maybe the server polls the car to ask what it can do, but it seems more likely to me the setting is in the server.

Return to “Rogue Forum”