Goodbye to My Rogue Forum Friends

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
IdaCrue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Well a couple weeks ago we were driving to dinner in our 2008 Rogue and someone ran a stop sign. We "T" boned them and since they were going pretty fast it dragged our poor Rogue into the west lane (we were traveling east at the time). Both airbags deployed and we were held in place by the seatbelts. My hand was launched off the steering wheel by the air bag, and I broke the windshield with my fist. Other than the damage to my knuckles and some bruising from the seatbelts, we were OK. Another driver stopped and called 911. He also stuck around and gave the police a statement. The other driver was cited for failure to stop at the stop sign. I am pretty sure she was also looking at her damned cell phone at the time. A few days later her insurance company sent an adjuster to the junkyard where our Rouge was towed and the car was totaled. We received a check from them for, what I thought, was a fair price and now we are a two car family. Since we are both retired now we will not be replacing the Rogue because we have her car and my pickup. I want to thank everyone on the forum for all the years of advice and tips on how to keep your Rogue in tip top shape. I also want to thank Nissan for building a car that kept me and my wife safe. Please all of you be safe and don't screw around with your cell phone while you are driving.

trokita
Car: 2017.5 Rogue SL AWD Magnetic Black (Sold Sep2022)
2022 Lexus RX450H F-SPORT Cavier Black
2008 Rogue SL AWD Wicked Black
2005 Subaru WRX Limited Black

Glad you guys were ok! I see that we joined around the same time, my 2008 has about 209k and has been a pretty good soldier. it's good to hear that I should not worry about it in an accident. Adios Nissan Amigos!

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

Later Ida, glad your OK and the car did its job to the end!

Return to “Rogue Forum”