Good things about the new forum

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Since some of us, myself included, have critisized the new format, I think it's time to mention the positive things as well.

I'll just do one to start, so i don't use up too many, for other ppl to chime-in on.

Good point#1: I think it's great that we have a dedicated link for posting our rides pics and it's even better that we will get 24 hour service (in great contrast to before)..:cool:

Fred...:)

OLU40
Car: Infiniti's Martial Arts, Science, Reading, Sports, Computers, Electronics WOMEN!

Good to see you palmer. I like the new color scheme, options (smiles), and the whole format is tight. Similar to that Nissan sight who criticized the Q vs. Maxima. You can tell who's online and send private messages. Your right about the photo link to. Good idea. this site took alot of work and I appreciate the change.:beer

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

to a newbie to this format it may seem slightly overwhelming with option when compared to the old NICO site, but eventually you love it. you can easily post pictures, a short breakdown is listed with each members post on the right and once posts and info is built up the search function is just as helpful as before.

240zx
Car: I like....stuff =P

I think the layout is great! but just one thing....HOW DO YOU KNOW I DRIVE MY MOM"S CAR!!!:rant

Atom12
Car: Baggo, cars, and more recently home improvement...I need a job.

I'm new, but I like it. I was on the old board for only a week so I never got attached.

GodDrivesA240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx

Mayhem_J30 wrote:to a newbie to this format it may seem slightly overwhelming with option when compared to the old NICO site, but eventually you love it. you can easily post pictures, a short breakdown is listed with each members post on the right and once posts and info is built up the search function is just as helpful as before.
I was wondering that exact same thing, I thought I told her not to tell anyone I was driving it!!:doh

Speeddoctor
Car: Nissans, Infinitis, datsuns, motorsickles,
NICO founder April 22, 2000

Hey guys this is the Speeddoctor. I am very excited about the new forums. Nancy, Torry and others have just done a wonderful job and I hope you all love the changes and when there is something we need to improve or change; let us know!

I am working double time trying to transition from my employed position at a regional hospital to my own practice. It has prevented me from participating on the boards and getting the NICO Store truly up and running. I have been working behind the scenes on some important programs that will affect the long-term viablity and depth of NICO. I'll fill you in on that later, but I have had some very interesting trips to Nissan corporate. The details and photos will be shared soon.

The really good news is that this change in my practice venue will give me a tremendous amount of time and money if necessary to take NICO to the next few levels. One thing that will happen is the hiring of a full timer to handle the store and general customer service. There is much to share in the near future about where we are headed. I wanted to explain to you all where I have been and what I have been up to.

You all have been the best and I can't wait to hang out with my gear head buds on these forums and in person! Speeddoctor

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

I think the new forum is totally sweetfinally all the things that were asked for while ago are now here =)

very cool.now if i can just figure out how to get myself one of them purdy images under my name.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

Speeddoctor wrote:Hey guys this is the Speeddoctor. I am very excited about the new forums. Nancy, Torry and others have just done a wonderful job and I hope you all love the changes and when there is something we need to improve or change; let us know!

I am working double time trying to transition from my employed position at a regional hospital to my own practice. It has prevented me from participating on the boards and getting the NICO Store truly up and running. I have been working behind the scenes on some important programs that will affect the long-term viablity and depth of NICO. I'll fill you in on that later, but I have had some very interesting trips to Nissan corporate. The details and photos will be shared soon.

The really good news is that this change in my practice venue will give me a tremendous amount of time and money if necessary to take NICO to the next few levels. One thing that will happen is the hiring of a full timer to handle the store and general customer service. There is much to share in the near future about where we are headed. I wanted to explain to you all where I have been and what I have been up to.

You all have been the best and I can't wait to hang out with my gear head buds on these forums and in person! Speeddoctor
now i know...;)

I H8 UR DSM

<-----:eatme

new smilies rule.:)

PalmerWMD

Thanks for cehcking in Speedoctor..!

Drift Machine
Car: 1991 KA-T 240sx

Did everyone have to re register?

:ylsuper

juazam_186
Car: Cars & Computers

As a rare contributor but frequent visitor to the old site: It is nice to see all the 'Brothers in Nissan' coming together on one site. Peace to all and let the Nissan's Rule!!

wizzfish

:fruit:

for no reason this smily rules

s14=pimpin'

good job guys, this new site is sweet!! Is there any way I can remove the yellow banner at the top of my page, I use only half a window, and it kinda shrinks down the viewable stuff

keep up the good work!!

cheers

:beerchug:bonghit < this should be my sig

Paul:firedevil

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

I post on a couple of other boards and they use this same format so it's the only one I'm familiar with. I really like it. The smileys rule!!:ylsuper :chef :fruit :spit

s14=pimpin'

good job guys, this new site is sweet!! Is there any way I can remove the yellow banner at the top of my page, I use only half a window, and it kinda shrinks down the viewable stuff

keep up the good work!!

cheers

:beerchug:bonghit < this should be my sig

Paul:firedevil

PalmerWMD

I really like the way the old threads have turned into articles.

If I see it correctly they are rotating thru..(?)

I tried but there isn't a way to get a full list of them to pic by title?

But that's very livable, them rotating thru like that is kinda cool:cool:

The m,ebers rides are also nice and complete.

Still havent found a spot were we can link a list of all of them like in the old club , but evenb so that they rotate thru the homepage like that is cool.

PalmerWMD

The idea of having a ring is also excellent.That way flaming threads can be moved there and still go on.Yet w/o disturbing the rest..

Fred...:thinker

JeromeS13
Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

I like the fact that you can check the new posts that have occurred since your last visit.

PalmerWMD

JeromeS13 wrote:I like the fact that you can check the new posts that have occurred since your last visit.
Your absolutely right!

I was gonna mention that one too, but I sorta forgot...:o

Dystopia

VB is a better format.

I H8 UR DSM

I like having active moderators babysiting : )

u suuuuuuck deeeks....j/p :D

Turb0wned

im new to this site but i just wanted to say that i like it

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Welcome to NICO!!

pcbootleger
Car: Cars, music, bootlegging

something is odd with this thread. everyone that posted in the first page posted on 7-24-03 for some reason. very odd that they posted in the future. Or is it just my computer being weird?

Rockenreno
Car: 1997 BMW M3

Look again... it's 7-23-02 at the beginning. Not 03. It was posted almost exactly a year ago. ;)

pcbootleger
Car: Cars, music, bootlegging

doh! I am a big retard. You'll realize this the more I post. Trust me.

RobHakari
Car: Sleeping, Eating, Crusing

haha

Thee 240sx Owner
Car: Racing... And maybe a Gurl if the car breaks down???

you know i just realized the same thing.. i was like what new design... and what new smilies... then it dawned on me... lol i need to lay off the bottle

Return to “General Chat”