Good PC games

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

HI all. I just wanted to know what are some good games that are worth buying for my new laptop. I had Rise of Nations for my desktop and that was really fun and really enjoyed that. I also had Age of Civilization II for the PC but couldnt even play it because I guess the processing power of the computer wasnt enough for the game so it took 10mins to blow something up.

I guess I like those type of games but Im open to others. Probly not interested in those like CoD or any other game I can play on the PS3. Suggestions?

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

What are your new PC's specs?

Take a look through my Steam library for some ideas. Not ALL of them are good, though: some are free-to-play and others I took a chance with and bought on sale. Oh, and then there's DNF, which I paid full price for and regret deeply. Also, ignore the "hours on record" stamp, which has never ever shown anything accurate.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ministerof ... es?tab=all

And my current desktop, with some of my favorite and some recent purchases. Again, not all of them are good (Brink) but they're not all in the Steam library linked above, either.
(click for high-res) EDIT: Photobucket sucks and keeps breaking the high-res link. It's the right link. Try copy-pasting.

Ask about any of them and I'll be happy to tell you more. Some of the more eccentric stuff is the stuff I like the most...Gratuitous Space Battles, Cthulhu Saves the World, Spacechem, Capsized, etc.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M Accelerated Processor (2.3GHz/1.4GHz, 4MB L2 Cache)
AMD Radeon(TM) Discrete-Class Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
FREE UPGRADE to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
FREE UPGRADE to 640GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

Here's just a quick copy and paste from HP.com. That's one hell of a list you have there. I guess I have to ask how Civilization 4 is. Would you recommend any others that are similar? Like I said I like to keep the console games on the consoles. I suck at FPS on the PC too just fyi, thats why I stay away from the PC CoD's

And yes I will have to get the full version of World of Goo. I might even have to be original and get Bejeweled or something corny like that. I played the demo on here and it was pretty good. I also like word games. Theres this one game I think called 'word drop' on my friends Ipad that was addicting.I like certain Sim games, dragracing /car building, midevil, and those oddball ones. But, I would like a real game, something that takes some time to beat. I think I want to get Rise Of Nations again or a newer one. Thanks MoD Ill take a looksee and shop around at Steam.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

There is Sins of a Solar Empire if you enjoy space-strategy games.
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 for turn-based combat goodness (Dont get any of the ones past 3...just dont).
Supreme Commander, Forged Alliance is still the best strategy game out there IMO...gets pretty taxing on your computer with thousands of units though.
Tribes: Ascend might be doable with the settings turned low....it's just plain fun.

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

One of my favorite Supreme Commander features:
It supports dual monitors, and I don't just mean stretching the game across both. Each monitor gets it's own independent POV. You can keep an eye on your home base while commanding troops in the field.

RCA

MinisterofDOOM wrote:(click for high-res) EDIT: Photobucket sucks and keeps breaking the high-res link. It's the right link. Try copy-pasting.
Try imgur.com for hosting images.

bigbadberry3

Amnesia?

MinisterofDOOM
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE