Good news for owners of CVT-equipped Cubes!

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
schtebie

Anyone who's had a transmission fixed knows it can cost thousands of dollars for both the unit and the labor. And the cost of repair of a CVT transmission can outpace that of a more conventional transmission with four to six forward speeds as most repairs require that the transmission is replaced. Thankfully, Nissan has been listening to its customers, and as a result, the Japanese automaker is doubling the length of its warranty from five years and 60,000 miles to ten years and 120,000 miles.

That's all well and good for Nissan CVT owners who have yet to experience an issue, but what about Nissan CVT owners who have already shelled out thousands for repairs? Good news, Nissan is going to reimburse you for your pricey fix. If you've already paid for a CVT repair, you'll need to fill out Nissan's Reimbursement Form (downloadable from Nissan's letter to customers) and follow the instructions. Nissan is also looking after customers who have to repair their CVT transmissions outside of warranty, working with suppliers and dealers to lower the cost of replacement transmissions and repairs.

BrassMomkey

If this is for real then FANTASTIC!!!!

ewraven
Car: 2009 Superblack Cube KROM

Wow, just wow. Thanks for the heads up on this.

I'd just been thinking this week that I maybe should have bought the extended warranty on my Cube.

Oh yeah, a quick Google search turned this up...http://www.automotiveaddicts.c...icles

OctoberKillz
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8S

Yep. Just got the letter in the mail yesterday saying that they increased the coverage, sweeeeet!

Return to “Cube Forum”