Good Metal...

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
1unar3clipse
Car: 93 240sx HB, 01 Dodge Dakota SLT

xekushnr wrote:Kalmah - Doubtful About It All
Someone else who has listened to Kalmah..

Kalmah - The Third the Magical

Also... just because the song was just on here at work..Death - Spirit CrusherI love the bassline.

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

1unar3clipse wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXNF0kC0_g0Kalmah- The Third the Magical.
I'm usually not into the whole keyboard thing (the main reason why I dont listen to as much MDM as I used to) but I actually like the way these guys implement the keyboard parts into the songs. I havent been a huge fan of their latest albums, but you cant take away how good the first three CDs were.

For anyone else that listens to Kalmah and likes them, check out Eternal Tears of Sorrow. It's pretty much the same band.

xekushnr

1unar3clipse wrote:

Kalmah - The Third the Magical

Also... just because the song was just on here at work..Death - Spirit CrusherI love the bassline.
I'll add another one too since I just noticed that somehow nobody mentioned them...

The Haunted - Bloodletting

I used to listen to this song driving to play paintball to get me hyped up. It works. Again, if you like this band, check out At the Gates. The Haunted was formed by three former AtG members.

1unar3clipse

I just saw At the Gates play in hollywood not even like a month or two back .

Check out these guys... very unusual music from canada. Let me tell you when I was standing in the venue when they announced the bands name... it just fit too perfectly.. Unexpect- Desert Urbania Bassist was using some custom off the wall 7 string bass with floating bridge... whammy bar. needless to say I was like this

ScrapMetal
Car: 1999 Chevrolet S10, 1991 Ford Bronco 5.0

xekushnr, you guys listen to Death at work? All my co-workers listen to is Hip Hop and Reggeton, I hate my job. I used to listen to Kalmah, after a while I kinda go bored of them. I maybe overplayed them in my car. I didn't know members from ATG formed The Haunted, pretty sick band.

1unar3clipse

Well I listen to Death at work.

It varies day to day, but with my co-worker out I can usually listen to a lot heavier stuff.

today is "Giant Robot" by Buckethead. Welcome to buckethead land

EDIT: that doesn't count as my metal addition for today...My metal choice today is Isahn- Invocation

ScrapMetal

Wow, you guys got it good, people I work with hate metal.

I love Buckethead, he makes Slash look like a newb. My favorite guitarists is Paul Gilbert. When I talk to the old guys at work, everyone starts defending Eddie Van halen, like if he was god. Paul Gilbert will run circles around Eddie Van Halen.

Racer X/Paul Gilbert-Scarified

Racer X kicked more *** in the 80's than GNR and Van Halen Combined. Yet most people have never even heard of them.

xekushnr

Metaru_Gia wrote:xekushnr, you guys listen to Death at work? All my co-workers listen to is Hip Hop and Reggeton, I hate my job. I used to listen to Kalmah, after a while I kinda go bored of them. I maybe overplayed them in my car. I didn't know members from ATG formed The Haunted, pretty sick band.
Not at work, I'm really the only metalhead at work. There is one other guy who likes the 80s **** like old Metallica, but he mainly listens to all the alternative metal you hear on the radio which I HATE. We usually end up listening to classic rock all day, which is fine with me because I love classic rock. The station we listen to is probably the only one worth listening around here.

poems2beats
Car: s13 pignose-sold
S14, current project
99 civic, current DD

I owe a lot to this thread. It has opened many doors for me. I use to only mildly like metal and only listened to it while I work out. Now I find myself listening to metal all the time...I wish I had something to add but pretty much all the metal I listen to has pretty much been listed already lol.

ScrapMetal

I'm happy to hear that. You aren't the only one, xekushnr has introduced me to a lot of kick *** bands through this thread.

1unar3clipse

My 3 random Monday morning submissions.. kinda the joke song off the new album but... Asesino- y tu mama tambien

Another band I listen to at work, I dig how they sneak synth into predominantly metal songs. Daath- subterfuge

Little known band Sinergy, had Alexi from COB originally. Sinergy- I spit on your grave

hsckris
Car: 07 V8 4runner

Here is a small contribution:

If you haven't heard of Zao, check this out:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJkp-GiuAWANot one of my favorite songs, but to give you an idea.

Norma Jean:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaaN3gD7oQY

I haven't listened to metal metal in quite some time.

ScrapMetal

Norma Jean=one of my favorites.

Never really got into Zao, never gave them a try. Now's a good time

pj
Car: 95 s14

cool thread, but you guys are talking death metal? where the hell is cannibal corpse, six feet under, napalm death?what the ****?....or am i just old. lol.oh and in flames is not deathmetal....and lamb of god is as awesome as posted, the adler brothers are talented as hell, but mark is the real axeman in that gang boys.heres some bands to check out.cannibal corpse!!!cattle decapitatorjungle rotjob for a cowboy(the old stuff)suicide silencedespised iconsuperjoint ritual!!!!!!!!! dimmu borgirdeathpreschool tea party massacher (made me laugh)slayer, everyone should like or at least appreciate slayer.

xekushnr

In Flames are melodic death metal. Not regular death metal.

I'm not big on straight death metal, but the melodic and technical death metal bands are some of my favorites. I've already listed a bunch of them in my posts so I really have no need to add more.

As for Preschool Tea Party Massacre, lol. There is a metalcore band I've heard of called The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza. They have said that they sometimes get old people in the show thinking that its really Tony Danza tapdancing, and when the band starts playing they run for the door.

And Slayer, I cant believe no one has mentioned them either.

ScrapMetal

xekushnr wrote: There is a metalcore band I've heard of called The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza. They have said that they sometimes get old people in the show thinking that its really Tony Danza tapdancing, and when the band starts playing they run for the door.
OMG

Wow, yea I can't believe we forgot about Slayer. Well there's so many good bands, and this thread is updated a lot. So

This guy makes me proud to be a Drummer and Cuban.

pj

lol yeah when i saw their songs titles and heard them i tripped out bigtime. the band im in is working on a new disc right now, the old one wasnt so great lol. i still use the old saying "we're way better live"deathbotpilot is the name of it. the old stuff is more hardcore/thrashy and the new stuff is way way more death, groove, thrash. the new stuff makes me happy in pants.and a band we did a show with not too long ago, named torture point, they do a good show too, great guitarists.but yeah, if any of you listen, dont beat me up to bad saying we suck! hahaha

ScrapMetal

You guys have a MySpace or anything like that? I'm down for some groovy metal.

pj

yeah, we dont really mess with it though, and the new stuff isnt up yet...were almost done with writing getting tracks together etc.should record here in the next month or so...i hope lol.http://www.myspace.com/deathbotpilot

ScrapMetal

You guys play bad a55, my favorite song is stay asleep. You guys are str8 up death metal. Upload some of your newer stuff,

pj

damn, thanks man!!!i appreciate the compliments, and thats awesome you like the tunes!we're getting the new stuff together. ill get it up there as soon as possible. (we're trying to figure out where and with who we want to record)

poems2beats
S14, current project
99 civic, current DD

pj wrote:cool thread, but you guys are talking death metal? where the hell is cannibal corpse, six feet under, napalm death?what the ****?....
I knew about CC. But I just assumed everybody else did too... I really like despised icon, their pig squeal are pretty friggin sweet. I haven't heard any other band with pig squeal like them. But I then again I dont know very many death metal bands...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUaAjEB3acg

Csomme
Car: 1985 Corolla AE86 GTS

okay, first off

THE ABSENCE!!!

go listen to them, holy crap, they are amazing, some of their stuff is simple, but it flows so awesome and is incredibly amazing.

Then,

Through the Eyes of the Dead

Have you guys never heard of them?? lol, They are like freakin' amazing, especially their really really old stuff;) check theses guys out.

1unar3clipse

poems2beats wrote:I knew about CC. But I just assumed everybody else did too...
I assumed that of Slayer, Cattle Decapitation, Cannibal, and Napalm Death...

I'll contribute some though in hopes to appease the metal OG's who stumble across this...

Athiest- Unholy War

Kreator-Enemy of god

Ascrassicauda- Massacre

Covenant- Planetarium

Municipal Waste- Beer Pressure

Sepultura- Territory

nevertheless
Car: 1993 240sx hatch
1995 Nissan D21

old elysia!

pj

1unar3clipse wrote:I assumed that of Slayer, Cattle Decapitation, Cannibal, and Napalm Death...

Sepultura- Territory
sepultura! i had chaos a.d. on cassette tape! lol

1unar3clipse

pj wrote:
sepultura! i had chaos a.d. on cassette tape! lol
everyone did... well where I lived at least beneath the remains was a good one too.

poems2beats
S14, current project
99 civic, current DD

Csomme wrote:okay, first off

THE ABSENCE!!!

go listen to them, holy crap, they are amazing, some of their stuff is simple, but it flows so awesome and is incredibly amazing.

Then,

Through the Eyes of the Dead

Have you guys never heard of them?? lol, They are like freakin' amazing, especially their really really old stuff;) check theses guys out.
Good Stuff! Keep it coming

alphapig
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5S

Just discovered this thread, good stuff!

I really like Norther, it's like Dragonforce without the epic nonesence.

I don't usually like the "inhaling" and "growling" of death metal.

Is Disturbed considered metal, btw? They are awesome

ScrapMetal

Disturbed is alright, I wouldn't consider them a full fledged metal band. They do have a lot of the same qualities as most metal bands. I think the reason they have survived unlike other Nu-Metal bands is because they were willing to change a lot of things. In their more modern albums(10K Fists+) I've noticed they have incorporated guitar solos and more technical drumming to their music. They're a great band though, my girlfriend loves them and every time we're in her car she pop 10K Fists in, that album is actually bad azz.

Return to “The Music Room”