Good Bye MB E63, Good Bye EX35, Hello FX50S

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
coold8
Car: 2010 FX50 S - Tech

Hi all,

Just introducing myself to the other side of the fence. Got rid of my E63 and EX35 and decided to join the two together. E63 was unreliable POS, and EX35, well that was a great car, but consolidation is good. Any starting tips? Got a FX50 S w/ Sport and Tech.

Thanks.

-Dave

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Congrats! Now hurry up and some a few pics of you and the new FX!!

coold8
Car: 2010 FX50 S - Tech

Let me add this here to remind you how lucky you are to own an Infiniti, this is my farewell to MB world:

It was Friday morning, boom over a large bump, vibration coming from rim. This is the AMG experience I thought, every week I get to experience my service advisor Dave, telling me I have my choice between a C300 or a Lincoln MKZ, after which my 2 hours weekly delay getting in to work, I get in my loaner car and drive off for 6 hours only to come back to a temporarily working AMG, calling by name the man at the Enterprise.This was a common occurrence during my first, and last AMG experience. I just kept telling myself, the good times (pulling up to the nightclubs, having random people give me a thumbs up, going drag racing), was enough to offset the bad. Since August when I bought the car, I have been in the shop countless times (close to a dozen). Headlight broke 3 times, air intake tube detached from engine, oil becoming extremely low after only 6,000 miles, tires done in only 9,000 miles, 3 different occasions of bent rims, 1 brake pad change, 3 separate occasions of squeal brakes (more than usual), batteries replaced in each key, broken outdoor thermometer, keyless go door handles not working, 1 fender bender, which required 2 visits to fix, and on top of all that, my usual service every 10,000 miles. Oh did I forget to the mention the constant rattling coming from the panoramic sunroof? All while absorbing the exorbitant costs of inconvenience.Lurking in the shadows was my old reliable Infiniti EX35, loaded. In 24,000 miles, all it ever asked for was 4 oil changes, a set of tires, and a set of brake pads. So I said to myself, the EX35 much as though in a different class is actually a better car, I get to drive it, and drive it anywhere, and not even twitch or worry about anything. Talk about pleasure. The only problem was in the speed and handling, it just couldn't compare.The decision became clear to me, why not get a reliable car (no german), with high performance, I can use in any condition. The Lexus LX? No too big, too slow. The MDX, to slow and boring. Well, the obvious transition was the Infiniti FX50 - S. I took the median of the two cars, and shoved them together. Better handling and performance than the EX, however considerably better reliability of the E63, with an added bonus of a beautiful cockpit, with likely the best navigation system ever created. The EX was worth 40k new, and the E63 90k new, that put me at a perfect 65k, a nice affordable compromise to add to the fire. Did I mention? I am saving 5k a year in insurance? Likely $5-10k a year in maintenance?As a company Mercedes should be ashamed of itself. How can you create any car, as expensive as this is, and allow things like the outdoor thermometer or the air intake tube going into the engine become easily detached? How dare you tell me that a headlight, a concept developed 100 years ago, can't even turn on, 3 times? All of this hassle and mess for thousands of dollars, and for what? I short thrill on the way to work. All I have to say to Mercedes is your cockiness, your shabby manufacturing, shows so little respect to your customer that I find it repulsive, if anyone ever comes to me for a recommendation on a car, and they do, I would rank you lower than a Kia and a do not buy. If a guy told me he wanted a CL65, I would recommend a Kia Rio, because at least you know the air conditioning won't work, because there isn't any! So I bid you farewell my fellow Mercedes friends, as I walk away from this 6 month $20,000 maintenance mess (payments + repairs + lost work, if I add time we are closer to $25,000), and enter my balanced bliss.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Glad you are enjoying the FX50. I have a '10 FX35.

Sold my G35 Coupe and CLS500. Hate to hear your loathing of Mercedes. I never had a problem out of the CLS just didn't drive it much. I do understand though. I felt lucky to have no problems. MB are way to expensive too maintain that is for sure.

Enjoy the FX50. The Nav is the greatest!

yellowbear
Car: EX35

Did sort of the same thing. I had a Lexus ES 350 which was reliable but terrible handling and braking. Traded it in on a left over EX35. I liked the EX but it was just too small and was a first year car. It had a lot of little problems but always ran well. So I traded up to the FX35. Much better car, better quality and believe it or not it gets better mileage than my EX. The only real issue is the 7 speed transmission (which gives the better mileage) but is a little quirky when driving slow in traffic. No rattles.....

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”