good afternoon - new member

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
2edybrd
Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
AMS tune and Heat Exchanger - Woot!

Hello.

Please allow me to introduce...me.
Ben driving a 2014 Q50 for a bit now but went to the 2019 q50 about two months ago. Love it!
Also, just got the AMS Heat Exchanger and tune so at 23 PSI I'm putting out 420 WHP and 511 torque.
Really nice numbers and nowI'm nervous I'll break my seat back from the acceleration.

I do have a noob questions regarding the boost maps for you other Ecutek drivers.

The maps I have are set at (From Race to Eco)
1-Race 23 psi
2 -High 20 psi
3 -medium 17 psi
4 -Eco 14.5 psi

My question is what is the performance/ power difference you see with the 20 psi map vs the 23 psi map. my butt o meter notices a difference in the shifting between the two speed of the shift and the up-shift. However i seem to get to speed about the same. from the interwebz and some actual research the turbos begin to lose efficiency at around 18 to 20 psi...correct?

So, for me the Race map is to be used with octane higher than the 93 I'm running now I would guess.
I think, IMHO that the 20 psi will be good for the daily driver with the tune and the heat exchanger...though I may get the expanded coolant tank later on to be safe.

What boost do you guys prefer to run on the street? just curious.

I almost feel OK running at the Race Map but with the torque numbers I and AWD, I begin to worry about the half shafts and differentials.

Thanks,
John

2edybrd

OK, you know what? Ignore the above. It's not like I'm drag racing the car everyday and twice on Sunday...well, maybe twice on Sunday. the Race map has sharper shifts, upshifts and downshifts. and is more fun to drive there. DOn't need to worry about the psi as I'm not always in boost .

Meh to my first post and apologies.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Unfortunately not many who post have had any performance upgrades to answer your questions. I was scheduled the beginning of April for AMS Stage 3 upgrades (HX, LDP, ECUTEK w/tune) but COVID killed that. I've since been focused on suspension upgrades (and exhaust) and will get AMS to do their magic in the next few months.

Most concerns as you start pushing higher boost levels seems to be the longevity of the turbo's.

2edybrd

This is true about the turbos. And I've been doing my research this weekend. The Race MAP is at 23 psi peak, which is reached at certain points in mostly third and fourth (Parroting an answer I got)
The benefit of the race MAP is the power under the curve i would hazzard a guess. Either way, a zero to 100 rn feels like the car is about to explode it's that violent...so much fun.

I had the Heat Exchanger and tune and that's it. I am at 403 whp and 511 wtq...Makes me feel like I'm driving a deisel, but this is just showing the limitations of the Stock Turbos. RIght now my build is maximizing the cooling system, and protecting the turbos...so, expanded capacity coolant tank, the additional coolant pump and possibly blow-off valves...thought there are arguments about the necessity of those. My philosophy there is 500 dollars worth of insurance for a potential 5000 dollar fix.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

HPFP/LPFP would allow use of e85 if you really want to go all-out and hit the 500hp club. You are already at or past the level I would be comfortable via tq for the stock transmission. Personally I won't go further than AMS Stage 3.

2edybrd

I know. I get a lot of opinions stating the car is fine daily driving the Race map. I’m on Map three as well. Better safe then sorry. Still runs like a freight train.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”