Going to start my KA-T project soon

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
iwanta240
Car: driveing like a madman

Ok im planning on quitting in the honda camp and going nissan here shortly. Selling my Integra to buy a 240. I was going to save and get the SR and be all trendy and SH**:rolleyes . I decided that since im not much for drifting ill go KA-T since it'll be more cost effective to start out and nice power gains. I've been reading thru the threads and i decided after i sell my car and get my 240 ill go the z31 route. im thinkingz31 turbo off an old 300fuel pump off the 300 water and/or fuel linesJWT ecumanifold ( i don't wanna go the custom route)junkyard intercoolercustom pipeing3" exhaust 2.5' downpipe3' test pipeboost guageA/F gaugefuel pressure regulator/guageBOVA damn good tune up

I'm thinking thats what ill need if i i missed anything let me know i don't mind going internal wastegate ill upgrade to a diff turbo later or just wait on wdraceings kit to come out. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and car literate only things i'm not gettting is how im going to run the lines for the water or oil, if i need a boost controller if i have the wastegate, where to get the manifold. I don't want to do custom. I'd like to know a place that sells them or if anyone wants to get rid of an extra one they have when i need it for the z31 setup.

Last thing is anyone is western NC that wants to help a new nissan guy with this when i get all my stuff let me know:D I'm probally trying to keep the set up at as far below 1.5k as possible. I'm starting small for now just oging to run 7=10 psi to piss my friends off :icesangel Thanks guys

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

RRFPR not just a regular one. Err...thats rising rate fuel pressure regulator. Also known as FMU. When are you looking to do all this??

WD

iwanta240

The time frame is depending on when i sell my integra. then i buy a 240. Since im selling my integra for a lil bitmore than i an get a 1st gen 240 for i plan on starting with the parts buying ASAP. (mainly before my fiance says don't waste all that money)I'm going to call junkyards today and get priceing on the turbo and intercooler. I sent JWT an email for the ecu. I know a great cheap place for the pipeing and stuff. (on my integra they did a catback pipeing for 80 bucks for 2 1/4 and only $5 more to go to 2 1/2 so the exhaust stuff shouldn't be hard to do or the intercolloer pipeing. It all seems pretty straight forward i just need to look at the turbo in the 300 so i can see how to set up the water/oil lines. the the FMU. Any ideas on the FMU or manifold??

iwanta240

Hitting my first few hurdles already. I called a junkyard looking for the turbo and he said he didn't haveone, id have problems finding one around here, and that it'd be like $300. thats not good i did find a manifold from real nissan for like $390. I was looking at there kit and the only thing i didn't like was the price and no intercooler. I was wondering if anyone would be able to et some of this stuff for me in there area where its cheaper. mainly the turbo intercoller and maybe pipeing if you have it set up for the car already. I'd pay decent prices for it. And no i can't wait till WD's kit comes out.

I also found one other thing that made me think. the 89-90 are the SOHC right and have 15 less HP and the ones above that are DOHC. it the dohc engine better? should i wait it out for a 91 or better?? does it not matter?? Or can i just get a DOHC engine into an 89 or 90??

TurboKA37

I'd go with the dohc motor over the single cause there are less parts for it and also less turbo kits available. im not 100% sure if u can swap the dohc in but im pretty sure. im also not sure if WD's kit is going to be for the sohc so thats another thing to look out for. y dont u just go NA until WD's kit comes out? y spend all that money and especially time into a kit that will be completly replaced? or y not spend the money on the small things like radiator, lines, or a port and polish that wont be replaced when u buy WD's kit?

iwanta240

I was thinking about it today myself. I'm going to stick with my integra till i can find a decent 91-93 240. Then im going to wait on WD's kits to come out. Depending on the money i may go ahead and wait till i can go with the stage 2 kit and his shortblock then order cams rebuild the head good old port and polish. sounds like a better plan to me. Hard part is finding a good car for the right price between those years around here.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”