Going to look at an '81 Datsun 510 tonight please help

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
desertpenguin

Hey I saw a post online for a Datsun 510 the lady must sell quick because she's moving. Pending more information on the car, and clean title, I might pick it up (asking price is $500 and it's supposed to be in excellent condition, running strong and all that good stuff everyone says but we'll see). I was really gunning for a 1970-1978 because I like the look a lot better but for now I just need a reliable daily commutor I can maybe do a few minor upgrades to. Just out of curiousity though, where would I find a better engine for these cars and about how much do they run? Is the existing engine easily (and cost effective) to modify (bigger sparks, intake to start, exhausts etc?) where would I find performance parts for these??Thanks a lot for any info, I'm really beginning to like these cars! Also, any suggestions as to what I should ask/look for when looking at this 81? Should I even be looking at an '81? It just looks so much like an... '81! But I sitll like it. . ThanksI forgot to mention this one is an automatic. Are conversions possible on these? Worth it? Price?

tRQmnsTR
Car: 1971 Datsun 510, 1989 Toyota Supra
1993 Nissan D21

If I were you I'd just save more money, hit up dimequarterly.com, check the classifides. The years to have are 70- 73, why?? because they are easier to find. 68- 69 = teh rareness.

S13Teddy
Car: R32 Skyline, S13

Ohh and guess who just got a 69?

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”