Going to install HIDs on a Nissan Rogue 2009

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Xenonplanet

My friend just bought a Nissan Rogue 2009. Like the Pathfinder he had the stock halogen capsules were not cutting it. We are going to install an 8000k (which is bright white) H11 xenon HID kit on his rogue and post up before and after pics and pics of the install for those who want to see it. The xenon HID kit for the Rogue will come from xenonplanet.com/shop where november specials are still active. His kit will cost him 69.99 with a one year warranty. Pics will be up soon

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

That sounds really cheap, to replace both headlights with new HID bulbs is only 70 bucks? Does that include high beam and low beam bulbs? Good for him if did get a quality product for that price.

FYI there is another quite lengthy thread on this, and there are photos posted too, but still post yours as it will be interesting to compare. Thanks in advance!

On a side note, I still don't quite understand why people are worried about upgrading their headlights. I took a long night time highway drive this week, and I was AMAZED at how awesome the stock headlights were, both low beam and high. They were easily twice as good as my previous car, and I felt so safe, like I could see everything crystal clear! But I haven't had a chance to compare to HID, so that is just my impression.

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

kerrton, if you don't mind, what was your previous car?

-Ed

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Good question, my previous car was a crappy Saturn Ion, so there is no comparison and of course everything in life is relative, which is why I think the Rogue's headlights were so awesome. I'm not kidding, I was literally just telling my wife how great the headlights are on the Rogue after my night highway drive this week, so it was good timing for this thread.

I have no doubt that the HID lights will be even better than the stock bulbs, but for me I'm happy with stock bulbs because at least they aren't a crappy Saturn Ion!!!

Roguemeister

$69.99 sounds too good to be true. I called an auto part store that I deal with about putting HID's in my Rogue and I was told $300 for the kit and $200 for the install.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

200$ to install is a steal. You can do it yourself in less than 45 minutes the first time, and less than 20 minutes after you know what you have to do (it is the third one I install on a car).

And in the thread mentioned by Kerrton, you have already the good placed indicated to install the ballast, no need to wonder, just follow the indication.

Mines cost me about 140-160$ shipped in Canada from Florida or Texas (cannot remember).

Xenonplanet

Roguemeister wrote:$69.99 sounds too good to be true. I called an auto part store that I deal with about putting HID's in my Rogue and I was told $300 for the kit and $200 for the install.
At our shop in Long Island it is $50 to install. There is not splicing just plug and play. It only get's expensive if you have to drop the bumper. Our kits are not typically 69.99 it is just for novembers our kits are typically 100.00 or 99.99 however you want to call it. We have been in business for 2 years selling locally only. Xenonplanet is a wholesaler for HID kits. We have no fancy box or stickers on our kits. Just the working product. Most shops that sell these kits buy wholesale xenon kits and then have a box designed with stickers. When the kit comes in it comes in separate boxes that you would have to put together yourself. The bulbs must be taken out of the package and and placed in the designed package along side with the supplied stickers. Xenonplanet.com/shop kits are also very well known on B20vtec forum.

Xenonplanet

The HID kits have been on 3 of my friend's cars. Unfortunately for him he wrecked his maxima, His dad took back his pathfinder, and now he has a rogue. He attends class at Binghampton and claims his stock headlights are not good enough. This could be due to cloudy drunk vision on the highway on the way home from a party.

Xenonplanet

Roguemeister wrote:$69.99 sounds too good to be true. I called an auto part store that I deal with about putting HID's in my Rogue and I was told $300 for the kit and $200 for the install.
HID kits are quite simple to install. especially if you have H11 bulbs. 9004-9007 are a little more of a pain in the ***. H11s are simply plug and play. 3 wires only have 3 places to go. You run a wire from the harness attached to the bulbs to your stock power (which is the connection attached to the halogen bulbs). There are 2 connections that from the bulb that will attach to the ballast. The connections only fit one way so you can't mess it up. The only problem is finding somewhere to mount the ballast and getting the clearance to work. Sometimes the headlight may have to be removed. The nissan maxima and altima 08-09 need to remove alot. However the nissan pathfinder 08 is quite easy and I assume since the rogue is not a small vehicle it should be fairly easy to have the correct clearance. If anyone has any more questions feel free to ask.

Xenonplanet

kerrton wrote:That sounds really cheap, to replace both headlights with new HID bulbs is only 70 bucks? Does that include high beam and low beam bulbs? Good for him if did get a quality product for that price.

FYI there is another quite lengthy thread on this, and there are photos posted too, but still post yours as it will be interesting to compare. Thanks in advance!

On a side note, I still don't quite understand why people are worried about upgrading their headlights. I took a long night time highway drive this week, and I was AMAZED at how awesome the stock headlights were, both low beam and high. They were easily twice as good as my previous car, and I felt so safe, like I could see everything crystal clear! But I haven't had a chance to compare to HID, so that is just my impression.
The reason xenonplanet can sell their kits so cheap is because we are a wholesaler that gets them factor direct. We import the kits and ship them to other shops. They charge more after that. Even several dealerships have bought kits from our shop in Long Island.

Roguemeister

Xenonplanet wrote:
At our shop in Long Island it is $50 to install. There is not splicing just plug and play. It only get's expensive if you have to drop the bumper. Our kits are not typically 69.99 it is just for novembers our kits are typically 100.00 or 99.99 however you want to call it. We have been in business for 2 years selling locally only. Xenonplanet is a wholesaler for HID kits. We have no fancy box or stickers on our kits. Just the working product. Most shops that sell these kits buy wholesale xenon kits and then have a box designed with stickers. When the kit comes in it comes in separate boxes that you would have to put together yourself. The bulbs must be taken out of the package and and placed in the designed package along side with the supplied stickers. Xenonplanet.com/shop kits are also very well known on B20vtec forum.
Well then, I wish I was closer to NY. I could get a kit installed in my Rogue for just $119.99

EddNog

Roguemeister wrote:
Well then, I wish I was closer to NY. I could get a kit installed in my Rogue for just $119.99
Or just $69.99+tax, because I'm in the NY Metro area, and I'm perfectly happy to help a fellow Rogue owner out and install the kit for them (only for the low beams; the fogs are a lot more work to deal with, and I don't advocate installing HIDs into high beams for a Rogue) for free. I've already done a PnP H11 HID install on my dad's Rogue S, and honestly this car is one of the easier ones I've done.

-Ed

Xenonplanet

EddNog wrote:
Or just $69.99+tax, because I'm in the NY Metro area, and I'm perfectly happy to help a fellow Rogue owner out and install the kit for them (only for the low beams; the fogs are a lot more work to deal with, and I don't advocate installing HIDs into high beams for a Rogue) for free. I've already done a PnP H11 HID install on my dad's Rogue S, and honestly this car is one of the easier ones I've done.

-Ed
True H11s are cake for HIDs 9004-9007 is a pain in the ***.

Nissannate25

I wish I had the money for this right now. I gotta save some money to register my Rogue Monday. I've only had a it a couple of weeks.

Xenonplanet

we will still be here to take your purchase and answer your questions.
Nissannate25 wrote:I wish I had the money for this right now. I gotta save some money to register my Rogue Monday. I've only had a it a couple of weeks.

Xenonplanet

bump for great quality Banbo HIDs for sale.

Nissannate25

So these are complete plug and play? I had an HID kit on my old car, but it required you hack up the stock wiring harness in order to install the kit. I really don't want to have to this on a brand new vehicle.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

I will say probably all HID kits now are plug and play, really easy to install.

If you did a little bit of mechanic on your car already, you are good enough to do it yourself.

No tool required as far as I can remember, maybe a screwdriver if you can find a place where you can bolt the ballasts on the car.

Xenonplanet

Nissannate25 wrote:So these are complete plug and play? I had an HID kit on my old car, but it required you hack up the stock wiring harness in order to install the kit. I really don't want to have to this on a brand new vehicle.
complete plug and play. No hacking. no splicing

Nissannate25

Alright, good deal. I'll pick a set up once I can save a bit of money.

Nissannate25

Yeah I had a Sentra Spec V as my previous car. I'm certainly no stranger to modifiing vehicles

duckhunter08
Car: 2008 Silver Ice Nissan Rogue SL AWD

If i may put my two cents in here, i'm not sure if anyone has ever heard of Oracle Lighting Technologies. After visiting their website and talking with them on the phone, they sound like a "custom" shop. They also have an advertisment on youtube. When i was on the phone with them, discussing the posibility of getting red angel eyes with the HID lighting kit, the tech told me they do not make the angel eyes for the Rogue, however if i could take my headlights out and send the light casing to them, they could have it back to me in 3 days. He did not mention an price, however i bet it would be expensive. All of their products are priced very high, however they have a warrenty, you would not believe. Just for the HID bulbs the prices range from $179.00 - $250.00. He also stated they do make a HID kit for the fog lights and it would cost me $275.00. However they stand behind their product, and if anything would stop working due to wiring or what have you (during your lifetime) just order the part from their site, have it overnighted, and send your broken part back to them and when they receive it, they will credit your account, so everything is free. He said they even pay for shipping. Very pricy products, but i have seen one car in the pittsburgh area with the Oracle Tech HID low beams, the kid said they were the 8,000K bulbs and they were BRIGHT! I believe the SL AWD Rogues come with 4300K HID's.

Xenonplanet

duckhunter08 wrote:If i may put my two cents in here, i'm not sure if anyone has ever heard of Oracle Lighting Technologies. After visiting their website and talking with them on the phone, they sound like a "custom" shop. They also have an advertisment on youtube. When i was on the phone with them, discussing the posibility of getting red angel eyes with the HID lighting kit, the tech told me they do not make the angel eyes for the Rogue, however if i could take my headlights out and send the light casing to them, they could have it back to me in 3 days. He did not mention an price, however i bet it would be expensive. All of their products are priced very high, however they have a warrenty, you would not believe. Just for the HID bulbs the prices range from $179.00 - $250.00. He also stated they do make a HID kit for the fog lights and it would cost me $275.00. However they stand behind their product, and if anything would stop working due to wiring or what have you (during your lifetime) just order the part from their site, have it overnighted, and send your broken part back to them and when they receive it, they will credit your account, so everything is free. He said they even pay for shipping. Very pricy products, but i have seen one car in the pittsburgh area with the Oracle Tech HID low beams, the kid said they were the 8,000K bulbs and they were BRIGHT! I believe the SL AWD Rogues come with 4300K HID's.
HID's were expensive back then but these days so many companies make HIDs. Our company has been selling HIDs for 2 1/2 years with no complaints. Besides the advantages of being a wholesaler allow us to charge low prices for great quality products.

tintintin2006
Car: Rogue 2009 Black

sorry guys, I dont know any thing about car, so If i say some thing stupid, just ingore it!I wanna install the HID for my Rogue too, but I dont know which kind of the HID kit I have to buy and which size of the bulbs that I have to order ?? If any HID kit work with the Rogue, or I have to buy the specific Kit for the Rogue ?? whats dose it mean H11 in the Venom 's post ?? does the bixenon work with this Rogue or not ?? Does it work if I buy the HID fog lights ??

Thnks so much !!

Xenonplanet

Bixenon mean both the high and low beam are HIDs. H11 is just the bulb size that fits in the socket. All HID kits work, However quality may be different. From my website xenonplanet.com/shop we carry a large array of HID bulbs and etc. We offer a one year warranty as well. We are a direct importer of HID kits so our prices are low because there is not middle man. If you are interested you may also email me at [email protected]

tintintin2006

hi Xenon !! i want to change my Fog lights with the HID ones. Do u have any suggestion about Fog ligh HID kit that I should buy ?? thnks again !!

EddNog

tintintin2006 wrote:hi Xenon !! i want to change my Fog lights with the HID ones. Do u have any suggestion about Fog ligh HID kit that I should buy ?? thnks again !!
The factory fog lamps are H11 as well on the Rogue.

-Ed

Xenonplanet

tintintin2006 wrote:hi Xenon !! i want to change my Fog lights with the HID ones. Do u have any suggestion about Fog ligh HID kit that I should buy ?? thnks again !!
My suggestion would be yellow. I know most people think that is a honda thing but white lowbeams with yellow foglights are the best combination for driving. Personally I have used the yellow in my scion tc for my highbeams due to the fact that I do not have foglights. When driving through fog or snow or rain it has helped improve my visibility. If I had fogs it would illuminate the lines on the road better. Another suggestion would be white on white. White lowbeams and white foglights. It's 100% legal, and better.

tintintin2006

Hi Xenon, if the HID kit that I order on Xenonplanet is long enough to install the Fog light. I'am afraid that the wire isnt long enough and I have to purchase an extra wire for that !!!

Xenonplanet

the wire is fine. If the stock power can reach the bulb for the fogs then the wiring will have no problem. The stock power harness attaches to the HID bulb which has a harness that connects it to the ballast. the bulbs will reach.

Return to “Rogue Forum”