Going to buy an FX35 - have a question

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
jimmy-j

So I'm aware there's an AWD and a RWD version of the FX35. How can I tell just by taking a quick look which version is which? Is there a badge or trim piece that shows that the vehicle is AWD?

I'm looking to get a 2005 FX35 AWD Sport + Tech. There's a dealer in my area that has one that's low mileage and is going for a good price.

Thanks in advance!

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hey there and Welcome to Nico. I apologize for the delayed response.

From the outside you will see axles going to the front wheels. If you get inside you will notice a Snow mode switch where the drivers left knee would be. Good Luck with your hunt and just a few quick things to look into before pulling the trigger. Getting a pre-purchase inspection at a reputable Infiniti dealer and while you are there they can look up all service performed at Infiniti dealers.(I do not know if thet use the same system in Canada, but I assume they would).Just an additional piece of mind.

jimmy-j

Thanks for the reply, Steve.

Yeah I figured I'd have to look underneath to see axles and that's pretty much what I did.. lol.

I've already signed for one that I found that has passed saftey and is in great condition. hopefully I'll have it within the next week or so!

08blackG35sedan
Car: 2008 G35 sedan

Congrats! Let us know how you like it after driving it for a week or two.Thanks,

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

jimmy-j wrote:So I'm aware there's an AWD and a RWD version of the FX35. How can I tell just by taking a quick look which version is which? Is there a badge or trim piece that shows that the vehicle is AWD?

I'm looking to get a 2005 FX35 AWD Sport + Tech. There's a dealer in my area that has one that's low mileage and is going for a good price.

Thanks in advance!
All wheel drives will have an indicater light in the dash that lights up when you start the car.Its a the letters AWD lit up in red you will see on all wheel drive models.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”