Going in for Altima Recalls

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Just got done gussying up my little girl to get her ready for some recall work. I can’t bear the thought of taking a dirty car to the dealer. It must be the German in me.

Anyway, tomorrow I am dropping off the 2.5 to have the Exhaust Hanger Pin recall and the Fuel Pump recall. I like to call it the "make sure nothing collects by the cat and set the engine ablaze" recall and the "I hope it doesn’t get too cold that my engine randomly shuts off causing an accident" recall. I am glad I am not in marketing. I do find it funny that the air bag recall on the 2.5 was called a Safety Improvement Campaign rather than a Safety Recall.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i havent taken my altima in for any recalls, i get off early on friday and planned on getting the oil done and going to work, should i have the re-call stuf done? i hear it can have dangerous effects, but i havent had any problems with teh car at all, and haha, its funny u mention that your car has to be clean, im the same way. I just waxed the car monday, it drizzled today, so i washed it again, i can't help it

Cold_Zero

We dropped off the Altima tonight and the Service Manager was inspecting the car to help us find the things "under warranty" we needed replaced. I had a very good customer service experience at Ed Martin Nissan.

I would highly recomend you take the Altima in to get the Exhaust Pipe Hanger Pin and Pre-Catalyst Recall and the Airbag Sensor Recall. I dont think your car will need the Fuel Pump Screen Recall, since you dont live in a cold weather climate.

bud

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

I would take the vehicle in to have fixed for any and every recall that applies to it.

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

Bud,Did you get a notice of said recalls from Nissan?

Cold_Zero

Nope,I called my service manager and had her look up my VIN and see if the car was eligible for the recall. It was. Everything was fixed FOC.

I was reading the Technical Service Bulletin and found some interesting points.. “If the engine or exhaust system of your vehicle has been modified with non-Nissan parts or in a way not authorized by Nissan, you may be responsible for bringing the vehicle into a condition that allows the campaign diagnostic procedures to be followed and the repairs completed. If it is not possible to properly test the pre-catalyst and install all of the campaign parts, you will have to pay the cost to return the vehicle to an appropriate condition in order for the dealer to perform the campaign repairs. You may also have to pay to add any modifications back to your vehicle.”

Plus, “The pre-catalyst will be tested to ensure it is working properly and replaced if necessary. If damage is found inside the pre-catalyst, it will be necessary to replace the engine. Nissan anticipates that few engines will need to be replaced. If the engine needs to be replaced, this also will be free of charge and will take several days. In this case, a car rental allowance is available from your Nissan dealer upon request.”

Altiman94

Why didn't you received a notice? My mom did for her Honda accord.

jEzTeR

I'm sure that he just beat them to it.Company's will send them out but the recall on most of what he is talking about were just made known.The QR precat is one that has been out for a while.

Altiman94

true. Bud's a cautious guy.

Cold_Zero

I am just on top of things. Never hurts to read the Technical Service Bulletins.

bud

nlzmo400r

i got a couple notices via email and snail mail, however when i went last time, i got their too late and didnt have time for the re-calls, however next time im there ill get them done

jEzTeR

The best thing to do is just what Bud did.Call them and have them check your VIN#.Then they will know how long they will need your car.In most cases if you call them 48 hours in advance they will give you a loaner car to drive.

nlzmo400r

sounds like a plan, im gonna do that probably in about a month

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”