Going away from the idea of purchasing the EX and now considering FX35

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
JP123

I have been on this post alot comparing and sharing notes. I am bummed with myself b/c after yesterday's second test drive of the EX (this time with my hubby) I really can't get over the size. I know, I know. All that time negotiating down to the right price and the endless researching and now I feel like I am starting over. After getting out the car and inspecting it further, my husband and I both agreed that this should not be a car we are going to start a family with. We have a 50lb dog and eventually hope to start a family within a year or so. I have two many reservations about the rear visibility, blind spots, (I wouldn't have gotten the Tech Pkg), the back seat, and the hatchback type cargo space. Going from an '07 Acura TL- this car would actually be a step down in terms of size and the whole point is to go up in size. I type this out as I continue to come to terms with this decision. Also the sales rep was in the backseat for the test drive and it was obvious he was crammed back there and my husband looked uncomfortable in the passenger seat. I think this is a great car if it was my first car before getting my TL. I am surprised by one poster who ended up getting the EX and had two dogs, a wife, and small child, and planning on having another the following year. I don't see how there is any room for all those to transport.

Anyways, hopefully there will be no angry posters. I am not knocking the car, but would like to hear from people with same dilemna and ones that ended up going towards the FX35 instead.

How does the FX measure up- mind you, I would have to get a used one- preferably a 2008 with low miles- it would be around though with Navigation, or maybe I should look at 2007? Advise/thoughts appreciated!

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”