godspeed coilovers

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
sharkerio_coupe
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx Coupe Chuki Shark
1989 Nissan 240sx Coupe
1999 Nissan Maxima
1997 Nissan 240sx Kouki
1991 Nissan 240sc Hatch
1990 Infinit M30***

skydragoness wrote:For the love of god don't buy those. DO SOME RESEARCH and don't be tempted by low prices. Megan's would be a bazillion times better than those and that's not saying a whole lot. If you can't afford entry level coilovers from the major brands: Tein, Tanabe, Cusco, JIC, etc etc then buy some agx's and some springs and call it a day.
Everyone is comparing the Godspeeds to Megan...side by side, what does Megan have over Godspeed? besides they cost a bit more. Im just wondering because I was debating over the two, and all the threads seem to down Godspeed. "You get what you pay for" i do agree with that, but has anyone tried them, or should they just charge a little more for someone to trust them? haha.

nelson8708
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Fastback
1994 Acura Integra LS

here is a review from one of the local forums in indiana. So far it what i plan on getting unless i can get some used ones for this price.
driftz240 wrote:OK this is a start to my new review of Godspeeds coilovers. i just got back from indy where i picked a set of s13 240sx coilovers up from emotor. we opened the box and they explained a few pre install things and were very helpful." "thanks jorge and vince from drift indy". Since these coilovers "you guessed it" are made in china "like most things these days" they did not come with any instructions for pre install, install and adjustment. I have owned and made enuff sets to know how to install them but i will call there tech department tommarow.Also I will be dropping 1 front and 1 rear coilover off disassembled to bilstein in fairfield, where a friend of mine will them in a shock dyno, to see exactly how the dampening works, and how much spring rate you can throw at them safely, as well as check to see how close the spring rates are to there labeled rate, "6k front and 8 k rear" witch i plan on reversing to 8k front and 6k rear when i re-assemble them.AT FIRST CHECK1. FIT AND FINISH "first thing you see, looks like anodysed red coating, or some sort of candy paint, compared to a k-sport or megan id say its on the same level. we'll call it mystery coating. but it does look cool. 2. ASSEMBLY QUALITY, since you have to pretty much take them appart to change springs they are shipped loose, the top nut is installed hand tight, and the camber plate underside screws are loose. this is made known by the supplier when i picked them up. but the quality of the camber plates, freedom of movement "where there should be" weld quality all look to be on the level, I dont think the welds will be the problem even if you slam into a curb.3. damper valving, adjustment, spring rate correctness:there are many types of adjustable dampers out there, some adjust compression, some rebound some both in different increments with one knob some double adjustable. we will find out more about this when i get a dyno graph, they go from medium to very very hard. they seem to have enuff adjustment for drifting. 4. fit in the car, installation: ill find out more about this sometime this week, ill do a install write up. on here later...GODSPEED WILL ONLY WARANTEE THESE IF YOU HAVE A SHOP INSTALL THEM.I can completely understand this, ive had some kids bring me f-ed up cars where they just installed new suspension and now it rides like poop, bounces and pops, only to find it was improperly installed. So i know where they are coming from.

MY THOUGHTS ON THESE COILOVERSI think alot of people have a mindset that inexpencive = garbage, and hi priced = excellent quality. I have seen of people on line post up questions about these coilovers, asking for reviews, and 40 people post up behind them that they wouldent buy them, having never seen them in person or asked a drifter who has driven on them. having heard from a few people that godspeeds are made in the same factory as cusco and megan in china,"not sure if its true"..but the point being after a friend of mine Bill Cook "excellent drifter, 15 years drifting" bought a set he said he liked them, and i saw how well he was doing at the new camden track on them i thought it was worth a shot..GREAT MOTORSPORTS PARTS ARE BUILT ON RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, I plan on writing a full review, of the godspeed coilovers, step by step professional install by "yours truely" and a drivers impression review after each event. I am a very budget minded drifter,and i know alot of others out there are also...from what i saw today i am very impressed with my godspeedsNOW LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU THROW THEM INTO THE FIRE WITH SOME SERIOUS DRIFT ACTION.DERRICK ALLENOUTBRAKE MOTORSPORTSUSDRIFT MIDWEST
driftz240 wrote:got the coilovers on, there were a few minor problems with the install, i went threw then and put lock tight on all the screws under the camber plates and checked them over, there not bad as for manufacturing quality, ie. parts, and performance. the build quality ..ie .. factory in china could use a course on how to assemble them properly. but with 5 minutes of work they can all be torqued to spec and lock tited. so everything is cool there. the only problem on install i had was the rear upper hat bolts are toed in a bit and they dont fit in the holes well, ive noted a few things, and taken pics of pre install and install.... they will be up soon.

i drove around on them abit, and they are quiet, no pops or unusual noise, and the car feels well balanced and ready for action. they feel as good as the better coilovers at this point, only time will tell how they hold up in the long run...but really if you drift as much as some of us on here do, a set of coilovers "any brand" will only last a few good years till they get doughey.

so far im very happpy.
driftz240 wrote:ok, first event in the new s13 with the godspeed coilovers, they feel really good, very predictable, no noises, they seem to have noticable adjustments for every 3 clicks.. i havent aligned the car yet, still stock alignment and only about 1.5 camber up front. but the car was awesome. i cant tell the difference between them and mean or stance in performance. time will tell what happens , but very happy.

NismoDriver240
Car: 2005 STi

any updates? i may have to run the review as well.

nelson8708
1994 Acura Integra LS

him and another local driver have done a couple events with them and they are both happy so far...espically about the price. ...I am going to wait a few more months before i get a set.

NismoDriver240

I'll be ordering my set June 6. see my build thread (link in sig) for another review

driftnslide1
Car: 92' 240sx coupe/ 87' toyota supra turbo

looks like a couple of good reviews. id consider buying them but... i wouldnt be supprised if they only last about a year in my city. san diego has really bad streets. but id rather blow a set of cheapies then destroy a set of expencive ones. anyone know if they are rebuildable?

wingFeather
Car: Current: 05 G35 Coupe. Previous: M35, M35 Sport, cube, J30, s13 sr20det, s13 rb20det, s14 zenki

My thoughts exactly. Everyone talks about rebuilding old JDM coilovers... but they don't mention the $300 charge (each) and the wait while your car is out of service...

smocan

They are ****. Get a review from someone who has owned better coilovers, in this case, any coilover will do, these are one of the worst. This has nothing to do with price... so don't start all this bull... Even megan is a drastic upgrade from these.

Look at the welds... theres nothing left to opinion, this is fact. Real safe

But what would i know... no one wants to listen, too ignorant, cool, its your life.

Modified by smocan at 10:22 PM 5/30/2008

NismoDriver240

so you had a bad experience, it sucks, but there are other people with positive experiences to counter yours. its not that no one wants to listen, it's just that one bad set doesnt make the entire production line bad.

NismoDriver240

smocan (on ZILVIA) wrote:I still havnt had a chance to drive on them yet, but even then all i have to compare them to are kts which i had previously installed on the car, so i really dont think an actual "review" from me is going to be super helpful.
so why should we trust you now? since you have nothing to really compare them to.

and you're over here bashing me in my eBay thread...
smocan wrote:Its funny because I could probably sell him a set of blown shocks and he'd be like, "they were awesome," I felt the road better, they feel rough like "racing" shocks. (thinking the weird feeling is the aftermarket shocks... he doesn't know any better)
like you're hot shyt. get back on your high NICO horse, cuz on zilviz YOU'RE the guinea pig, not me

smocan

I didnt buy them... they were someone who lived in the area. And there are others who have had the same problems online.

Its funny, because, you have absolutely no experience with these....

Its not just one bad experience... i love all your excuses, its amusing.

smocan

NismoDriver240 wrote:
so why should we trust you now? since you have nothing to really compare them to.

like you're hot shyt. get back on your high NICO horse, cuz on zilviz YOU'RE the guinea pig, not me
Your never going to trust me, nor do i want you too. But you should, experience is priceless.... you'll learn eventually.

Yea, "high NICO horse".... what? I guess thats a compliment, I don't try to be "cool" on here.... I give information, not make stupid useless threads. Zilvia? I'm not even on there.... is this the best you can come up with, I mean the only thing you can respond? Come on be mature, this is about coilovers, thats it. Quit whining about everything else.

I'm trying to warn others who actually listen and learn from knowledgeable users on here.

NismoDriver240

im just calling that on one forum you say they're on your beater car and on this one your now saying their not even yours and your telling me I have no experience as if you do? the only amusement here is the circles your drawing about this whole thing

nelson8708
1994 Acura Integra LS

smocan wrote:They are ****. Get a review from someone who has owned better coilovers, in this case, any coilover will do, these are one of the worst. This has nothing to do with price... so don't start all this bull... Even megan is a drastic upgrade from these.

Look at the welds... theres nothing left to opinion, this is fact. Real safe

But what would i know... no one wants to listen, too ignorant, cool, its your life.

Modified by smocan at 10:22 PM 5/30/2008
One of the guys who has then has been drifting for the last 15 years. He actually got into it while he was stationed in japan. The other has be in the sport for atleast 4 years. Both have expierence with other brands. Go back to zilvia you E-thug

jdmwill
Car: ae86 silvertop "parted out" ka powah ae86 in the works. ka powah s13 hatch

well guys were trying them out at the shop on all of the daily drifty cars. and so far they're holding up. not bad for the price specially for the budget drfiter.

now smocan you know our rep and what we are known for "DRIFT NASTY". and for us to trust these coilovers take's alot. i'm swapping out my new d2's for these. now dont get us twisted we still use bc on the event cars.

at the end of the day all that matters how deep your pockets are.

smocan

jdmwill wrote:well guys were trying them out at the shop on all of the daily drifty cars. and so far they're holding up. not bad for the price specially for the budget drfiter.

now smocan you know our rep and what we are known for "DRIFT NASTY". and for us to trust these coilovers take's alot. i'm swapping out my new d2's for these. now dont get us twisted we still use bc on the event cars.

at the end of the day all that matters how deep your pockets are.
Were the welds crap will? Thats the only thing i'm really worried about... suspension stuff with no quality check isn't the smartest thing you can put on a car....

Have you and reese tried drifting with them??

jdmwill
Car: ae86 silvertop "parted out" ka powah ae86 in the works. ka powah s13 hatch

well its wet outside we may just go out tonight. i'll let you know tomorrow how it goes. oh and the weld are not bad they seem to have penetrated pretty good.

Scoutz
Car: 95 240sx SE

this thread may be old. but i finally purchase a set of godspeed coilovers. they seem to be decent, better than Kyb Agx considering that its 16 way dampering and the height can be adjusted. the coilovers themselves are great sturdy components, but there is a slight problem i noticed. there is a bump/knock on my rear strut tower area. which becomes annoying especially when you live by LA area with tons of bumps and bad roads. overall. good product ^__^ hope this helps people, and one more thing, you turn this tiny knob on the top to adjust the dampening, very easy to use.

smocan

NismoDriver240 wrote:

Woah, I'm not trying to start something but I just noticed it right now, I can't believe i never noticed it... Nismo retard acted like he quoted me on stuff from zilvia, and I never said anything remotely close. Can someone really be that stupid??? How pathetic.

NismoDriver240

smocan wrote:
Woah, I'm not trying to start something but I just noticed it right now, I can't believe i never noticed it... Nismo retard acted like he quoted me on stuff from zilvia, and I never said anything remotely close. Can someone really be that stupid??? How pathetic.
http://zilvia.net/f/1912044-post242.html

Looks to be the same exact pic you posted. Either a) You hotlinked the pic you posted earlier from zilvia, or b) this is you, and you just got owned.

You seriously opened a can of worms from 6 months ago. Who is the pathetic one?

smocan

NismoDriver240 wrote:
http://zilvia.net/f/1912044-post242.html

Looks to be the same exact pic you posted. Either a) You hotlinked the pic you posted earlier from zilvia, or b) this is you, and you just got owned.

You seriously opened a can of worms from 6 months ago. Who is the pathetic one?
Umm yea, I never said i bought these things (its common sense if you read any of my posts) plus the username isn't even close on zilvia so it might be your choice A). "Owned" by you, seriously? I understand your still a teenager and get off to thinking you a big deal on the internet by lying about things but seriously... yea, your still pathetic. I'm sorry I had to clear my name because you don't understand the difference between facts and lies you make up. The only thing you have to back up what you say are things you make up... its sad seriously.

"ebay extrodinaire"??? you might want to learn how to spell extraordinaire. And I don't think buying a couple parts off ebay make you one.

That Guy1
Car: 240

Scoutz wrote:this thread may be old. but i finally purchase a set of godspeed coilovers. they seem to be decent, better than Kyb Agx considering that its 16 way dampering and the height can be adjusted. the coilovers themselves are great sturdy components, but there is a slight problem i noticed. there is a bump/knock on my rear strut tower area. which becomes annoying especially when you live by LA area with tons of bumps and bad roads. overall. good product ^__^ hope this helps people, and one more thing, you turn this tiny knob on the top to adjust the dampening, very easy to use.
First off. Godspeed coilovers are the BEST.. been rocking for a year for all you haters and still as tight as the day i installed.

The knocking you hear is the top bolt on the strut. all 4 of mine were loose when purchased so tighten and let me know how that worked for ya.
Modified by That Guy1 at 9:58 AM 12/1/2008

That Guy1
Car: 240

M
mchkc240 wrote:I will add another 300 and go with megan. Godspeed?! hell no
Megan got there start on Ebay... DUH!!!

NismoDriver240

smocan wrote:
Umm yea, I never said i bought these things (its common sense if you read any of my posts) plus the username isn't even close on zilvia so it might be your choice A). "Owned" by you, seriously? I understand your still a teenager and get off to thinking you a big deal on the internet by lying about things but seriously... yea, your still pathetic. I'm sorry I had to clear my name because you don't understand the difference between facts and lies you make up. The only thing you have to back up what you say are things you make up... its sad seriously.

"ebay extrodinaire"??? you might want to learn how to spell extraordinaire. And I don't think buying a couple parts off ebay make you one.

Cuz I put up my own custom title right? I requested "eBay Extraordinaire", it's not up to me what the mods type in. Why don't you learn to spell smokin'

StandardProspect
Car: '93 240sx '98 Q45

mchkc240 wrote:Man.. just get megan... Suspension parts are not jokes.

just buy good stuff from the start, no godspeed, no megan

it might seem like a good idea at the time, but in the longrun you are gonna wish you bought real suspention components.

I cheaped out and i now regret it. save up a few hundred extra bucks and buy some pbm or spl parts.

cdkilla
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX (dd) 1990 240sx CA18DET. 2005 VW Jetta TDI (Wife's dd)

mchkc240 wrote:I will slap those people who are riding on these coilovers. I dont care who he is!
Slap me then, i'm rocking these. And i'm pretty sure many others are.

My friend is about to throw some at his coupe with the recent ca upgrade. Gonna slap him too?

sharkerio_coupe
1989 Nissan 240sx Coupe
1999 Nissan Maxima
1997 Nissan 240sx Kouki
1991 Nissan 240sc Hatch
1990 Infinit M30***

StandardProspect wrote:

just buy good stuff from the start, no godspeed, no megan

it might seem like a good idea at the time, but in the longrun you are gonna wish you bought real suspention components.

I cheaped out and i now regret it. save up a few hundred extra bucks and buy some pbm or spl parts.
what happend that made you regret it?

Scoutz

not looking good for those GodSpeed. bolts keep coming loose and creating that knocking sound. the car doesnt drop as low as i wanted to. i am running on the godspeed HYPER-RS COILOVER SUSPENSION. dont know why there is so many problems, not happy greased it and torqued everything to spec. still got problems. help please.

sharkerio_coupe
1989 Nissan 240sx Coupe
1999 Nissan Maxima
1997 Nissan 240sx Kouki
1991 Nissan 240sc Hatch
1990 Infinit M30***

...help you to take them off, and put new ones on??

Scoutz

went to Angeles Crest today with them, they were not that bad. since the road were great there, no sound. but i set it to max and the wheels were off balanced. =( overall, give it a 7 out of 10

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”