Gm v-6 in a 71 521?

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
saskcarguy

I have been considering an engine swap for quite some time now. I thought of putting a v6 from a buick or an olds delta 88. I looked in to it and they actually are  a prettty powerfull engine( 150hp, 215ftlb)! They are pretty cheap to come by and i here they are a  really good engine. Does anybody have any adivce as far as how difficult it would be?

LilDat
Car: Datsun NL 320, Datsun U320 (the runchwagon) 1972 Datsun 510 wagon

Saskcarguy, if Chris Tippets can drop a 5'0 mustang in his 320 a Buick V-6 be do-able! You will probably need to fabricate new motor mounts, and I would consider using the Buick tranny and rear, have the rear narrowed to fit your truck. You will need to upgrade the cooling system and maybe install an electic fan system. Man can you imagine a Buick Grand National power train? Upgrade the brakes to disk all around and purchase a parachute to be safe. Also, email Matti in Austrailia, buy him a plane ticket and turn him loose. He has true fabricating talent. Still wish he was my neighbor. Matti, if I give you a couple of acres of land will you be my neighbor?:D

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”