GM 3 Bar Map Sensor to log on Power FC Datalogit

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
ANVIL
Car: RB25DET S13.5

I had my setup to do boost logging on my power fc datalogit with a gm 3 bar map sensor but I have since taken everything apart, and have a new laptop so I have to reinstall it and re-do the inputs. i searched but I cant remember how to install it. can anyone help out? i dont remember where i originally got the info from... thanks in advance

ANVIL

I was able to find the info after some searching on the Yahoo Power FC User Group. Heres the info for anyone wanting to do this. This will allow you to log boost without having to buy the Apex Boost Control kit.

You need a +5v to power up the sensor and ground it as well. You run the signal out of the sensor to the 0-5v input on the datalogit box.

1.58v = 0
4.01v = 22.5
Unit of measure = PSI

This setup is for a GM 3bar map sensor.

Ground on Pin A,
Sensor output on Pin B
+5V ref on Pin C. (commonly sourced from TPS)

Part #12223861

there is also a pigtail with the sensor for a better connection and cleaner install. i couldnt find the GM part # but im sure if you are order from a dealer that takes the map sensor part number, they can easily find the pigtail to match with it.

DIYautotune.com sells both the sensor and pigtails

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/map- ... p-161.html - sensor for $64

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/map- ... p-163.html - pigtail for $11.50

hope this helps someone out.

240z4u
Car: '95 Nissan 240SX

I use one to log boost too. I had originally used it for my alcohol injection. I pulled the Alky kit and kept the sensor, being able to log boost takes a ton of guesswork out. I highly recommend going this route.

ANVIL

:wavey:

Anyone else do this? I haven't had mine hooked up for years and attempting to do so again but its not reading properly. Reads 3.13 only on the datalogit map

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”