glycol based?!!? OEM long life blue anti freeze

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
IEZXM
Car: 2015 nissan pathfinder

Does anybody know what type of anti freeze Nissan's OEM long life blue antifreeze is? Is it the old (EG) ethylene glycol based or some of the newer types like organic acid (OATS)? thanks!

IEZXM
Car: 2015 nissan pathfinder

Forgot to add...has anybody ever tried Redline "wetter" antifreeze solution which is supposed to decrease surface tension of coolant and lower engine temps? Royal purple also has it's "royal ice" that is supposed to do the same thing. Supposedly they say these are compatible with all types of antifreeze but are they really? has anybody tried either of these products and have data to support their claims? thanks, any thoughts are appreciated.

EdBwoy

I will answer on the OEM Nissan stuff. It is the ethylene glycol, non-silicate type.
I don't stray too far from OEM unless I am using Prestone brand coolant, which is available everywhere I can buy engine oil.

Seeing your question prodded me to type up the thread linked below, so thank you.
https://forums.nicoclub.com/should-you- ... 22612.html

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I've used water wetter to try to prevent overheating issues. It didn't seem to help much. Maybe I just needed more of it... who knows.

Return to “General Chat”