Gloria on bags, Starting PROBLEM !!! No fuel, No spark

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
gh_imports

Hey guys, I got a y32 gloria that is on skipper airbag full suspension.Today my compressor decided to stop running, so starting looking into it and this is what happened;

Whoever wired everything up had 12V power from battery, then a white wire that is spliced into a red/black wire going into the ecu, into the relay. The ground on the relay is good, then its a red wire going to the compressor to supply power, and it has a seperate ground.

So the compressor wasnt working, so I hooked up the white wire directly to the red wire going into the compressor to jump the relay pretty much. The car started and the compressor ran for a couple minutes until the compressor shut off, and at the same time, the car stopped running.

Now we have tried replacing some of the relays, had an extra fuel pump relay, and this has made no difference. When we try and start the car, it will crank but not turn over. The fuel pump is not priming. We can manually prime the fuel pump by giving it direct power and you can smell the gas.Tested for spark by removing one of the coil packs and didnt seem like it was sparking at all.

Im thinking that it is either a main relay problem, or an ignition relay. Only problem is that everything is in japanese and I have no idea where any of these relays actually are!!!

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Welcome to NICO.

Wow, this sounds like a wiring nightmare. I would try to remove any wiring that is already in place and see about running your own new wires. Just to see what this does. Try that or see if anyone else on here has any ideas.

LuckyBoyOne3
Car: 1998 Q45

Step 1: Remove all spliced in wires and extra wiring intergrated into factory harness

Step 2: Isolate and Repair the starting problem (sounds like it may be fixed by step 1, the compressor seems to be part of the proble so isolate the system)

Step 3: Wire the Air system on its own circuit running fused lines off directly off the battery so as not to disturb the cars sensitive electronics.

gh_imports

Ok i figured it out, ecu is toast, on the pin comming from the red black wiring something in the ecu like a resistor or something is burnt. anybody know where i can get an ecu for a vg30det ?

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

You might check with Grant (yokota180sx). See what he might be able to do for you.

TBrack
Car: none

wow who would wire an air system to an ecu

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

lasoyafan wrote:wow who would wire an air system to an ecu
Whoever wired the air system on that car?

ANYWAYS!could you give me some info on your system? what's going on under there? bags on struts, coils, or just a whole different shebang? I sooo want air susp on my ceddy(still crossing fingers, but calling it mine)

Return to “VIP Forum”