Giant yukon

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
Otto.

Is it a good bike? The reviews Ive read said so. Im just a beginner too. I used to ride BMX but now im getting in to MTB's. Your thoughts and opinions!

aidanair
Car: '90 300ZX TT, '93 300ZX N/A (SOLD!)

Dude. Why.

Are you trying to start a thread of facepalms? If so you are on the right track.

Otto.

i just looked at one today. definately my next bike. mabye in a few weeks.

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

aidanair wrote:Dude. Why.

Are you trying to start a thread of facepalms? If so you are on the right track.
Are you trying to be a buzzkill? This is the outdoors forum, this is perfectly in place. Don't be an arse.

Otto MCR, post up some pics and specs, I'm interested in seeing it!

drksolest
Car: 91 240sx coupe

This?orhahahha jj

cmfireman
Car: '96 Nissan S14 SE

I was actually looking at the Yukon along with the Cannondale F7 hat I purchased, both competing in the middle tier entry-level bike category.

I rode both, and the C-dale of the same frame size just felt better to me, I could also get the F7 with disc brakes for the same price as a non-disc Yukon. (picked it up for $380 out the door).

I've been riding some singletrack and as a beginner, I have no complaints about the F7 except for the low pedal clearance when crossing roots/rocks, but half of it is me needing to work on my timing/rhythm.

Otto.

Wow... I forgot to post in this thread again. I got it a while back. Great bike. Im loving the disc brakes. I just wish i could tighten them just a little bit more. I want more control... like if i just pressed down on the rear brake all the way it would lock up. I dont like locking up the rear but its useful in some situations like a little while back i was coming up to a curb and it was slick cement so I locked the rear and leaned to the left. I stopped parallel to the curb. This only works on slick surfaces and not on pavement. They are as tight as they can go without the brakes rubbing. How can I tighten them more so I have a more full range of contol.

PHeller
Car: 1998 Ford ZX2 (wrecked) now 1989 Coupe

You can either make the cable tighter but messing with the adjustment knobs on the lever or or pulling out a little bit more cable on the actual caliper and then tightening down the screw again.

Pads can also help modulation, but it'll become more of an on/off switch.

Otto.

Thanks! Ill try the whole cable on the caliper thing.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”