Getting godspeed coilovers, what to get?

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
young-gunn

so I'm getting godspeed coilovers, because I am on a bit of a budget but sold my KYB/Tien setup because they were not low enough, and kept blowing.

So hould I get the SS coilovers which are cheaper, or I can get RS-type for $130 more. What should I do? Only difference I see is that the SS Is Dual height adjustment, and RS is full height adjustment, what's the difference?

ChampaignSilviaS14
Car: S14

Just a heads up, but I don't think you are going to enjoy the future responses you see.

i240sx
Car: 240sx coupe

get RS....haven't try them yet so after you get it give some feedback...

Future_gohan
Car: 91 240sx, 91 vert

ChampaignSilviaS14 wrote:Just a heads up, but I don't think you are going to enjoy the future responses you see.
Yeah, because everyone disses Godspeed. But oh well, I like they're supplies and the same companys that make megan coilovers make godspeed. So its whatever.

And I'm not arguing, but I plan on buying Godspeed coilovers soon here, so if you get them before me let me know.

StandardProspect
Car: '93 240sx '98 Q45

if you 100%, no matter what, have to get godspeed coils, get the fully adjustable ones. you will regret it if you dont, however you are going to regret the purchase all together. save your pennies man!buy a decent entry level set of coils. i bought e-bay ones and it wasnt the best decision, and i regret it. now im right back where i started, saving for coils, because i want real ones.

just keep saving money, its winter where we live anyway. trust me, if its your daily, you dont want coils in the winter anyway.

i say wait till spring and buy pbm or stance. they are only a few hundred more dollars! you can do it!!!!

mrgreeneyes
Car: ///M5
Parted Out Built S13 Coupe

StandardProspect wrote:if you 100%, no matter what, have to get godspeed coils, get the fully adjustable ones. you will regret it if you dont, however you are going to regret the purchase all together. save your pennies man!buy a decent entry level set of coils. i bought e-bay ones and it wasnt the best decision, and i regret it. now im right back where i started, saving for coils, because i want real ones.

just keep saving money, its winter where we live anyway. trust me, if its your daily, you dont want coils in the winter anyway.

i say wait till spring and buy pbm or stance. they are only a few hundred more dollars! you can do it!!!!
amen, i bought ksports stupidly for my old hatch, what hunks of crap.... i can only imagine that godspeeds are just as sweet. and no they are NOT the same as megan. just no. no.

dont cheap out. theres no dignity/logic to cheaping out on the things that keep your car from meeting the pavement.

tramp_drift240
Car: 1992 240sx SE Coupe

another thread that, as adrian himself stated, shouldve been put in the suspension/wheels forum instead of the 240gen.

and what a bad move getting godspeed, in my opinion.

cdkilla
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX (dd) 1990 240sx CA18DET. 2005 VW Jetta TDI (Wife's dd)

Nico isn't the right place to post this, because everyone here is sooo JDM drift fan boy, they will say its no good. Everyone on this site is all about paying for greddy or tein or some other name . Thats just it, they want the name. My godspeed type rs will be at my house tuesday, installed wednesday, and daily driven all winter in the dirty midwest. my ebay lightweght flywheel is awesome. There is a hudge write up on the type rs somewhere on NICO where a guy that worked at bilstein tested them against name brands and they stood they test and he said they worked great. Go type rs.

Papi Chulo
Car: 72' Datsun 510

cdkilla wrote:Nico isn't the right place to post this, because everyone here is sooo JDM drift fan boy, they will say its no good. Everyone on this site is all about paying for greddy or tein or some other name . Thats just it, they want the name.

Razi
Car: Moo

Is it bad that we like quality suspension parts?

cdkilla

More money doesn't always equal quality.

Razi
Car: Moo

No it does not.

StandardProspect
Car: '93 240sx '98 Q45

cdkilla- you said people on nico buy good parts just for the name? thats the opposite of nico

nico is about quality parts, there are threads about good experiences with e-bay products and many of us use them on our cars, but when it comes to coilovers thats a different story, brand name coils happen to be a lot better than megan, k-sport, mdu, blah blah blah

we dont buy for names around here, and we arent all a bunch of fanboys thank you very much

welcome to nico i suppose

cdkilla

Standard Prospect

Most threads I've seen just bash products with no review behind the claims. I'm not trying to make people mad, simple show name brand isn't everything. My obx lsd is daily driven and abused and makes no abnormal noise. My friend has megan race on his 1g dsm and they're awesome. But whatever, it's all about personal opinion, and to each his own.

mrgreeneyes
Car: ///M5
Parted Out Built S13 Coupe

cdkilla wrote:Nico isn't the right place to post this, because everyone here is sooo JDM drift fan boy, they will say its no good. Everyone on this site is all about paying for greddy or tein or some other name . Thats just it, they want the name. My godspeed type rs will be at my house tuesday, installed wednesday, and daily driven all winter in the dirty midwest. my ebay lightweght flywheel is awesome. There is a hudge write up on the type rs somewhere on NICO where a guy that worked at bilstein tested them against name brands and they stood they test and he said they worked great. Go type rs.
youre telling me that an employee of BILSTEIN felt the need to buy all the coilovers for 240's, used his place of employment to test them, all for the owners of 10-20yr old econo-sportscar enthusiasts?

stfu. 4 posts? really? youre throwing some awful strong words around, defending your choice to cheap out.

nico is full of 90% cheapasses like you

and the other 10% of us will have safe, reliable, badass cars. well, as badass as an econo-sportscar is.

haahhaahah... just search "project ebay". it frustrated him to the point that he sold/parted it out. what a joke.

at least your sacrificing only your safety/anyone in vicinity of you. ill sit pretty here in amish country, knowing my car is WELL BUILT.

tramp_drift240
Car: 1992 240sx SE Coupe

mrgreeneyes wrote:
youre telling me that an employee of BILSTEIN felt the need to buy all the coilovers for 240's, used his place of employment to test them, all for the owners of 10-20yr old econo-sportscar enthusiasts?

stfu. 4 posts? really? youre throwing some awful strong words around, defending your choice to cheap out.

nico is full of 90% cheapasses like you
AMEN, BROTHER

birds of a feather, mang.

Ghast
Car: 1993 240sx, 2002 Lancer ES, 2006 350z Enthusiast

cdkilla wrote:Nico isn't the right place to post this, because everyone here is sooo JDM drift fan boy, they will say its no good. Everyone on this site is all about paying for greddy or tein or some other name . Thats just it, they want the name. My godspeed type rs will be at my house tuesday, installed wednesday, and daily driven all winter in the dirty midwest. my ebay lightweght flywheel is awesome. There is a hudge write up on the type rs somewhere on NICO where a guy that worked at bilstein tested them against name brands and they stood they test and he said they worked great. Go type rs.
Well unlike "standardprospect" I for one am offended by what you said. I am not one at all to lash out at people but i think it is a little bit of a jump to start calling EVERYONE on Nico a fan boy. I think that the majority of us on Nico take great pride in supporting SAFE driving IE: taking it to the track and not so much the street. And even much more pride in the work and craftsmanship put into a LOT of our rides.

Being that we promote safety WHY would we condone or encourage buying cheaper parts that play a BIG part in safety. None of us are rich, We do have limits, All of us.The same people who fork over the money for Tomei Genesis Engines are sometimes the same people you see pinching pennies to just rattle can their cars. Or is rattle canning something that should be counted against us as well? Because we CHOOSE not to spend the big bucks on a BEAUTIFUL PROFESSIONAL paint job. News flash buddy the beauty of a car has always been what resides on the inside of the driver.

Maybe you have not seen all the DIY's on this forum. Anything we can make or salvage off of another car we take it till we get something better. Their are more E-bay exhaust owners on this forum then Name brand, Is there anything wrong with that? No not at all, Is it the exact opposite of what you are trying to claim? YES.

When one of us slips up and makes the mistake of posting before searching we are very quick to correct that mistake. No more then a lioness to her cub.

But i for one do not take kindly to being compared to a ricer or fanboy.

We are Niconaughts, Niconians, and Niconoobs. Some of us are very established in the automotive/tuner scene, Some of us spend hours reading so we can one day also become established. Hobby for some and a passion for others.

Please take your 3 posts and quick to judge mentality and go if that is what you think we are about.

If these "Godspeed" coilovers have been tested to be as good as other reputable sellers. WHY can they afford to sell them so cheap? Explain that to me please. They may have been tested to be as great as some other "name brand coilovers" but how long do they stay that way before the wear&tear takes its toll? Why do you need them so soon? Whats wrong with waiting a little while longer and saving for something that you are practically guaranteed to be satisfied with? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. But it is your car.

One Love,

Ghasty

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

I'm a cheapass, I'll admit that and I've bought a lot of ebay parts and more than once have I regretted it. Sometimes the **** just doesn't fit right so you have to modify things which is a pita. And the money you save just isn't worth the trouble and time IMO. If I were to do things over I would be a lot more patient and buy quality parts.

Bottom line that I have learned from experience: BUY QUALITY STUFF OR STAY OEM..not only for good fitment, reliability and performance but peace of mind as well.

PBM coils are 1000 bucks man, that's like another month of saving...cake.

/end my .02

young-gunn

yeah the reason I want coilovers is because I couldnt adjust my sturs and shocks how I wanted.

The reason I need them pretty soon is that the car is standing in a damp qounset on jackstands with no suspension

919NissanGuy
Car: '04 Pathfinder LE 4x4, '92 240sx coupe

let us know what you think of them!

cdkilla

I came out swinging and got K.O.'d I guess...I may need to apoligize for my first post, a little harsh and stereotypical after I read what I posted. But I'm simply getting at the fact that not everything has to be JDM. I love NICO. And yes, call me a noob with 4 posts, but whatever, I may be new to owning a 240 myself, but by no means new to the 240sx. Or working on cars for that matter.

The last thing I want to do is make everyone on NICO dislike me and shun me.

The fact still stands that I have Godspeed rs in the mail and should be here tuesday of next week. I will run them on my car and if they are crap, I will be the first to post a frustrated thread and everyone can say "I told ya so"

I've ran numerous e-bay products on my 1g dsm and had no problems. And as I said earlier, the OBX LSD in my hatch was the best 375$ I could have put in my car. Easy install, the only thing it didn't come with were instructions, but come on, differentials aren't that complicated.

Oh and I can't stand ebay exhausts, straight piped ze way to go.

As for the rattle can, I love it. I'm definatly not about a show car, but it's nice for it to look decent. If I had the money for a paint job, I'd buy a ca18det and go without paint.

Ghast
Car: 1993 240sx, 2002 Lancer ES, 2006 350z Enthusiast

Hey man its all good.

Like i said nothing less then what a lioness would do to a cub.

No need to apologize.

Welcome o Nico!

And don't forget to let us know how the Godspeeds turn out. Lots of pics!

One Love,

Ghast

young-gunn

I still dont know if I should wait, or just go hard for the RS coils.

I figured out the difference is that the RS has adjustable dampening.

cdkilla

yes the rs is dampening adjustable and the ss isn't. That is the only difference. I just got mine in the mail today and am about to install them. I originally ordered the ss, but they were on back order. Godspeed was quick to tell me and then the upgraded my order to the rs free of charge! sweet huh!

cdkilla

OK

I just put my Godspeed hyper-rs coilovers on my car.

Easy install, perfect fitment. Took around an hour to do all 4 corners.

spooled240

nice i'm sure many people are gonna want a review, including myself =]

young-gunn

cdkilla wrote:yes the rs is dampening adjustable and the ss isn't. That is the only difference. I just got mine in the mail today and am about to install them. I originally ordered the ss, but they were on back order. Godspeed was quick to tell me and then the upgraded my order to the rs free of charge! sweet huh!
What!?! They charged me an extra $100!!

ebfogg
Car: 89 240sx coupe

i have been into s13 for about 10 years and have always had atleast 2 at all times. ive always bought name brand proven products for my cars regardless of price. it wasn't till my best friend and team mate told me about these cheap coilovers and arms that the thought even crossed my mind to cheap out. I figuered what the hell i bought the godspeed complete package all arms and godspeed rs coils for the grand total of a grand. I honestly thought as many of you have that "buy cheap buy twice" and was out to prove to my buddy that they where crap, well its almost a year since i installed them and they made it through a whole summer of drift and track events and they have held up perfectly. i have pbm on my 89 coupe, tein super drifts on the 92 hatch and the godspeeds on my 91 coupe.the difference is pretty hard to tell once adjusted properly, now the dampening isn't perfect but it isn't all that noticeable i see no problem with them and would have no problem daily driving them. all companies have to start somwhere and selling them at a loss or not making a huge profit is a good way to drum up buisness. I have also bought plenty of name brand parts that have poor fitting and suckie quality ie (my tein suspension pieces on one of my cars have rusted badly and my greddy intake manifold had bad casting not allowing me to install without being machined) just saying you don't always get what you pay for. to godspeed for making a good cheap coilover

spooled240

you guys are convincing me to get godspeeds..so far I have heard nothing but good things about these coilovers.

cdkilla

yes these are sweet!

thats exactly what I thought, a company has to start somewhere. Look where Megan has gone and they started on ebay.

I am totally satisfied with my purchase, and they are daily driven in the midwest as of now. Not the wisest thing, I know. We have got tons of snow lately and some would say coilovers in snow is stupid. But hey, I couldn't wait!

I like being able to throttle my way out of a bad situation instead of understeering into it!

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”