Getting godspeed coilovers, what to get?

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
i240sx
Car: 240sx coupe

i should have bought godspeed....for some reason my old ksport on my hatch run better then the new ksport i just bought is bouncy as hell...any difference between hatch and coupe..+ my coupe interior is gutter...

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

K-SPORTS on the other hand always seem to blow..

i240sx
Car: 240sx coupe

spooled240 wrote:K-SPORTS on the other hand always seem to blow..
haven't blown on me yet.have ksport on my old hatch for 6 months until i sold the hatch. and now i got a coupe with ksport i just bought 1 month. never blow on me + i only DD so i'm good with ksport...i have to see them with my own eyes.

spooled240

that's good, i never had any experience with them but my buddy has a set on his hatch and the fronts are blown. I'm not sure how long he had them but he DD his hatch and we have some awful roads out here =/

rps13ka
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx base ...stolen =(----> another 91 hatch w/ plans to do an auto swap myself!! wish me luck!!

dude you should definitely go for the RS for adjustability. and.... THIS GOES OUT TO ANYONE WHO REPEATEDLY BASHES GODSPEED COILOVERS/PRODUCTS WITH OUT "USING THE SEARCH BUTTON" FIRST!! like someone stated earlier in this forum, everyone's gotta start from somewhere, right? even Megan Racing itself didn't just spring up and automatically have a good rep. it took trials and word of mouth from us tuners to trust and find out how good and reliable it is. with this said, read this forum and scroll down to the section that user:nelson8708 posted quoting user:driftz240's review on the "infamous" godspeed coilovers.

zerothread?id=300417
Modified by rps13ka at 9:10 AM 12/18/2008

cdkilla
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX (dd) 1990 240sx CA18DET. 2005 VW Jetta TDI (Wife's dd)

this guy gots it...
rps13ka wrote:dude you should definitely go for the RS for adjustability. and.... THIS GOES OUT TO ANYONE WHO REPEATEDLY BASHES GODSPEED COILOVERS/PRODUCTS WITH OUT "USING THE SEARCH BUTTON" FIRST!! like someone stated earlier in this forum, everyone's gotta start from somewhere, right? even Megan Racing itself didn't just spring up and automatically have a good rep. it took trials and word of mouth from us tuners to trust and find out how good and reliable it is. with this said, read this forum and scroll down to the section that user:nelson8708 posted quoting user:driftz240's review on the "infamous" godspeed coilovers.

zerothread?id=300417

spooled240

rps13ka wrote:dude you should definitely go for the RS for adjustability. and.... THIS GOES OUT TO ANYONE WHO REPEATEDLY BASHES GODSPEED COILOVERS/PRODUCTS WITH OUT "USING THE SEARCH BUTTON" FIRST!! like someone stated earlier in this forum, everyone's gotta start from somewhere, right? even Megan Racing itself didn't just spring up and automatically have a good rep. it took trials and word of mouth from us tuners to trust and find out how good and reliable it is. with this said, read this forum and scroll down to the section that user:nelson8708 posted quoting user:driftz240's review on the "infamous" godspeed coilovers.

zerothread?id=300417

the hyper RS or the type RS? The type RS's go for 650 shipped on ebay That's exactly 400 bux cheaper than PBM..400 bux i can use for other suspension stuff like bushings and braces. I think these will be fine for the things i wanna do, pretty much DD and some hard spirited driving. Plus I won't be wearing out expensive JDM coilovers on the socal freeways

The only thing I'm worried about is the welds, how did yours look?

vda240
Car: 97 Nissan 240sx

spooled240 wrote:
the hyper RS or the type RS? The type RS's go for 650 shipped on ebay That's exactly 400 bux cheaper than PBM..400 bux i can use for other suspension stuff like bushings and braces. I think these will be fine for the things i wanna do, pretty much DD and some hard spirited driving. Plus I won't be wearing out expensive JDM coilovers on the socal freeways

The only thing I'm worried about is the welds, how did yours look?
Im curious as well. So whats up with the status of godspeed? I've only seen like 2 reviews and both were unprofessional... Its time to drop my car and I am very tempted to buy these.

sololock
Car: 91 240sx coupe

whats the deal witht he TYPE-RS, Hyper-Rs?

young-gunn

okay, I got mine yesterday. The Welds are very nicely done, and they were packed 10X better than any set of KYBs I have ever seen.

I have to ask though, How do I adjust these damn things? My first time owning coilovers. I see the collar around the bottom would be what raises and lowers the shock. I'm guessing the lower the collar, the lower the car would sit? Does this affect the springs at all? By pushing them down, they feel squishy with the collar all the way down. Also there is some soft spring seperating the spring from the top mount, what does this do? And last, where are thes 16 or w/e dampening settings I payed extra for? I dont understand how to adjust that. I thought it would be a click type knob like KYB. Any help would be great.

I'll upload the pics tonight or tomorrow.

spooled240

any pics? the damper adjusting knobs should be at the top of the coilovers.

young-gunn

I'm too tired tonight, I'll post them tomorrow evening.

rps13ka
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx base ...stolen =(----> another 91 hatch w/ plans to do an auto swap myself!! wish me luck!!

the 2 collars adjust the the height of the car. the top collar adjusts the height and the 2nd collar right under it acts as a lock to prevent the 1st collar from slowly unwinding itself downwards over the months/years. as far as the "16 or w/e dampening settings I payed extra for," ti's the center nob on the topside of the shock. it twists and should click as it turns up to 16 times (hence the 16 way adjustability) for hardening and softening of the shock. you should be able to feel the difference(s) about every 3 clicks. oh and as far as that extra spring goes in between the regular coil and the top shock mount, that's a "helper spring." not really too familiar with these but none of the name brands really use them except for nismo from what i've seen. but i hear it's supposed to be like a safety net when you dump the **** outta your car, it wont/shouldn't bottom out.
young-gunn wrote:okay, I got mine yesterday. The Welds are very nicely done, and they were packed 10X better than any set of KYBs I have ever seen.

I have to ask though, How do I adjust these damn things? My first time owning coilovers. I see the collar around the bottom would be what raises and lowers the shock. I'm guessing the lower the collar, the lower the car would sit? Does this affect the springs at all? By pushing them down, they feel squishy with the collar all the way down. Also there is some soft spring seperating the spring from the top mount, what does this do? And last, where are thes 16 or w/e dampening settings I payed extra for? I dont understand how to adjust that. I thought it would be a click type knob like KYB. Any help would be great.

I'll upload the pics tonight or tomorrow.

young-gunn

okay, so a week later, here are the pics haha.

You cant see the welds, but they are nicely done and smooth. Not like what I have seen from them before.

Very Well packed, better than any KYBs I have ever seen.

Can someone point out where I would adjust the dampening?

And the top nuts seem to be tight, I'm going to take a tourque wrench to them to be sure though.

spooled240

they look good, but make sure you torque all the nuts and bolts down and maybe use a tiny bit of thread locker just to be safe.

as far as the adjustable dampening knob, I thought they were on top at the center of the camber plate. I've seen them on the bottom too so you can check there. You got the hyper RS right?

**I wouldn't install them until I was sure that those have the adjustable dampening.**

young-gunn

there is a black cap on the end of the threads on top. I gave it a pull and it came right off. Gave it a few turns one way, and turned it back to where it was. It has no real way of telling exactly where you are, other than by feel.

cdkilla
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX (dd) 1990 240sx CA18DET. 2005 VW Jetta TDI (Wife's dd)

Thems are cute... I got the same ones on my s13...

Yea the dampening works great, but I'm not sure which way is soft or stiff... I just have them all set at 8 in the middle.

scotttak
Car: 94 Honda Civic

just got mine in today. gonna install them right now. they seem pretty beefy as in i could kill someone with them if i hit them with a decent amount of strength.

Shift_Cory
Car: nissan

gah cheap asses............ seriously though i drove in cdkillas car and it didnt seem that bad.

spooled240

I wonder if these can be rebuilt.

scotttak
Car: 94 Honda Civic

all right got them installed. they seem pretty comfortable as in the ride isn't harsh. i have it on setting 8 all around. i have the hyper-rs model. i could only lower it so far, as it doesn't have the adjustment at the mount, just the spring perch. i took some corners at decent speeds and theres no body roll. going over bumps in the road is a breeze and speed bumps are no problem.

yokota180sx
Car: 1997 Stagea RS4, r34 front

a knife and kill yourself

bwahahahhaha i just looked at the thread, are you SERIOUS, you got single tap coilovers? nico does it again

rps13ka

yokota180sx wrote:a knife and kill yourself

bwahahahhaha i just looked at the thread, are you SERIOUS, you got single tap coilovers? nico does it again
don't mean to thread jack, but what are "single tap" coilovers??

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

they look kinda dinky1"-2" height adjustment?

spooled240

^how are the PBM coils mang?

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

spooled240 wrote:^how are the PBM coils mang?
I love em I wish i could lower for shats and giggles though

any more info on these Godspeed stuff? I wanna see these things mounted and what not

Emperor_Tha

Bump for picture update

young-gunn

no pics yet, but I did test drive it and I find the coilovers to be very noisy with a lot of clunking. Mind you it was the first time they were used, and it's the middle of a Canadian Winter...

skinnyslide
Car: 93 240sx coupe ka24de

hey i have had godspeed hyper rs coilovers on my s13 2 years now i drive my car every day and i drive it hard and have also had quite a bit of track time and love them every body who hasnt used them hates them because they r ebay but i did hella research b4 i baught them they roll off the same assymbly line as ksport meagan and 1 other i cant remember and go to diffrant paint booths same exact thing only $300 cheaper they come with 1 year warinty thru godspeed..........i have drivin my buddys cars with cusco, ksport, and tiens ......mine rides and handles just as good as the ksport and tiens and i would be willing to pay more for my godspeeds than cusco (they ride like crap) i have another buddy who just got the rs ones and they ride good but the spring rates r softer and no adjust on dampning have a bit more flex than i like for track but on the street they ride just as smooth as stock struts and lowering springs..........

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”