Getting back into the game...

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
MeanGreenS13
Car: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

So, it's been a few years since I've been around... Closer to 10 actually :ohno: I have been and still am playing around with redneck roundy round racecars (get your jokes in, that's fine I get it) But now I have suddenly gotten the itch for another SR car. Mostly, I just miss the S chassis cars, but I still think the SR is the best small displacement NISSAN platform and pretty much always will believe that...

So anyway, the reason for my post. Turbo technology seems to advanced substantially since I was last around. My last SR car back in 05 ended up with a 2871R .64 at around 20psi making somewhere around 390ish to the tires. That seemed like a pretty good setup back then, but as I am reading through pages and pages of turbo stuff to see what's out there now, it seems there are tons of new and better options.

I guess my question boils down to you guys personal experience. I've spent a number of days browsing and really can't seem to get a lot of solid answers, so I figured id just post up and take a shot.

I'd like to land back right around the 400whp number give or take a few. That was a very fun number back then as I remember it. I would also like to keep the turbo fairly small and responsive so something in the realm of the 2871r would be cool.

I could always fall back and just go with another 2871r, but I am very interested to see what recommendations and suggestions people have for newer designed turbos based on experience. Most builds and info I find dates back to 08 or later it seems and I am really interested to see more of what is happening now Anything $1800 or less is fine for a price tag, I do not really feel like spending more than that on a snail. It's not a car for competition, simply a fun cruiser, track day car and something I can tear up some mountain roads with up here in New England.

The help is much appreciated guys! Looking forward to getting back into this! In the meantime, I will get back to searching and if I find anything Ill bounce ideas off ya'll!

Thanks Guys!

Phil

MeanGreenS13
Car: 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Looking at a Twin Scroll GT3071R, but also looking into a Borg Warner S256... Anyone have experience with either of these on the SR? I found a few things but nothing definitive.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”