Getting a new Q50 red sport black grill question

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Devi009

Hey all,

So I plan on getting a new infiniti q50 red sport soon and I have a question whether the black mesh grill comes with the red sport model or do I need to pay for it separately?

Thanks.

rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

The Red Sports have unique 19" gunmetal color wheels, the stock grill matches the wheels, hard to tell in some pictures, but I think it's a nice look. The grill surround is chrome.

The optional grill still has the chrome surround, but the grill is black, cost is $440. Nice look depending on the car color.

Another option, which I did, and just met a neighbor with a red '17 Q50 Red Sport who did the same thing, is paint the chrome surround body color, and leave the grill matching the wheels. It lowers the look of the front end, recesses the grill, kind of Jag-ish, are really changes the look, had lots of folks ask me what kind of car is that, cost at the dealer was $400.

Here is my Obsidian Black Red Sport with the stock grill

And here is with the grill surround painted body color, you can see the grill and wheels are gunmetal

Had my '16 Q50 Red Sport 9 months, absolutely love the engine, it has torque everywhere. If you're a serious buyer I would negotiate a tire swap, the summer Dunlop run flats stink and they're $400 tires. I'm switching to Michelin Pilot Super Sports as soon s I get some value out of the Dunlops.

The Red Sports are great cars, I shopped BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Jag, $8K-15K more to get comparable performance and options, great electronics, I love the surround camera.

I added the Infiniti branded Motorsport exhaust (dual small mufflers, not the straight pipes which were LOUD), nice growl under acceleration, can even get some minor burbs/gurgles with paddle downshifts, it make me smile every day.

Happy shopping !~!~!

Devi009

Thanks mate. Just made the purchase today. Will be picking it up sometime next week. Looking forward to all the fun I'll be having with it :)

Gtscott
Car: 2016 q70L

rmyAddison wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:00 am
I added the Infiniti branded Motorsport exhaust (dual small mufflers, not the straight pipes which were LOUD), nice growl under acceleration, can even get some minor burbs/gurgles with paddle downshifts, it make me smile every day.

Happy shopping !~!~!
This has me somewhat intrigued. I would love to wake the car up under WOT but do not want to have anything that is noticeable when cruising on the interstate as that can wear on you. Can you make any comments about sound level / drone at cruise?

Also, where did you purchase? I see that it can be had directly from an Infiniti dealer but I am guessing it is available elsewhere.

rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

There is almost a universal complaint from Q50/Q60 Red Sport owners that the stock exhaust is too quiet if you check forums and Youtube. My understanding is that the turbos are part of the blame, my 3.7 G37 IPL had a very nice stock exhaust sound.

Regarding the Infiniti Motorsport exhaust check with your dealer, mine has demos/car with both flavors (straight pipes and mufflers) pre-installed, the complaints are that common, it actually helps sales. You may be able to drive one and check for yourself.

The mufflers version is not obnoxious, maybe similar to a BMW M in volume, there under acceleration/deceleration, barely noticeable under constant speed, or cruise control. Put it this way, I roll down the windows and open the moonroof when I really want to hear it, with everything closed it's mostly in the background, radio on, it's gone.

I'll be surprised if your dealer doesn't have one installed that you can check out, I am very satisfied. Best of luck.... :)

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”