Get 'er done! Pics of CAI

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
FarFetched
Car: Suzuki SV1000S.

Finished (with exception of cone filter - will get different one) my CAI system. It may not look "pro shop" piece, but it gives me what it's suppose to give - colder air. I measured today with infrared gun (difference at least 70F) between engine compartment and where filter is now. One thing I want to say it DOESN"T give you more "throaty" intake sound as many of people think (slightly louder). In contract with a POP-CHARGER (with filter inside of engine compartment) it is much quieter. Will see how it performs in a long run!Here are some pics! http://www.geocities.com/stelth71/NewFile.html

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

FarFetched wrote:...it gives me what it's suppose to give - colder air.
Don't quite understand how it can be any colder than ambient air OEM CAI pulls in from front of hood?

Many mysteries.

FarFetched

What I ment by colder air was if you place a cone filter inside of engine compartment it will get much hotter (especially during heat soak) than the one I placed under/between/behind frnt fender. Even a stock air box get hot ( I haven't measured the difference) after a heat soak. Also, it looks like there is less garbage floating around behind front fender so filter should stay fairly clean. I'll run cleanliness test after some miles put on with this set up Cheers!

FarFetched

What a BS with this web site of mine!

time allocation my fat A$$!

Cheap bastards!

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

FarFetched wrote:What a BS with this web site of mine!

time allocation my fat A$$!

Cheap bastards!
Geocitys sucks! Use the member's ride section.

I kinda like the heat soak. It gives me much better gas mileage!

FarFetched

decreases pulse width of injectors . I noticed that my car is a bit happier with throttle now! I bet it would take 2-3 tank fills to get ecm to re-learn fuel strategy!

FarFetched

Jeff Williams wrote:Geocitys sucks! Use the member's ride section.
How do I upload pics in member's rides!

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”