Germany's Renewable Energy Push

For discussions pertaining to science and engineering and science-related topics.
bigbadberry3

It can be done. My hat is off to you Germany.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/ ... A720120726

You want energy indepedence USA? Here is a blue print on how to do it.

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

Hmm, looks pretty cool, but remember, Germany is a good bit smaller than the US. I dont know if that blueprint would be as successful here. Maybe. Its somewhere to start anyway, but we need to also open ourselves to other possibilities. Drilling in Anwr for one thing. Oil shale production, drilling our own resources. At some point we may be able to develop into a society free of hydrocarbon energy, but energy independence is very important, in my view, and as we ween ourselves from oil and coal, we need to be weening from out own reserves. You all know, I am HIGHLY skeptical of global warming, and even if it does exist I'm even more sceptical of man made, or man having a predominant role in it. But even people in my camp should share the same goal of having the cleanest form of energy production possible. Though I doubt global effects, localized effects are quite evident, just drive behind a big rig in the t-tops and try to breathe. Hats off to Germany, at least they are setting foot into the realm of cleaner energy.

bigbadberry3

Return to “Science!”