Gen 3 Platinum Cross Traffic Alert

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
DesignGuy21
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum Pearl White Tricoat/Super Black with Charcoal Interior

Is the Cross Traffic Alert really just ONE faint beep? My previous Acura, Infiniti, and husbands Pacifica all give continuous clearly audible beeps as a car is approaching from behind and until it passes. I find this single beep a joke, if this is how this works.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

DesignGuy21 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:38 am
Is the Cross Traffic Alert really just ONE faint beep? My previous Acura, Infiniti, and husbands Pacifica all give continuous clearly audible beeps as a car is approaching from behind and until it passes. I find this single beep a joke, if this is how this works.
Yep, CTA and MOD are both just a single beep. To my knowledge, that's the case across the whole Nissan product line.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Well you get what you paid for. I would expect a crummy single beep. It’s not comparable to an Infiniti or an Acura. :slap:

DesignGuy21
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum Pearl White Tricoat/Super Black with Charcoal Interior

casperfun wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:26 pm
Well you get what you paid for. I would expect a crummy single beep. It’s not comparable to an Infiniti or an Acura. :slap:
Uh, my 2021 Rogue Platinum at only a couple hundred under 40K was within $300 of my 2018 Acura TLX with Tech package. I'd expect better. Underwhelmed with some of the technology on this car, which is one of the main reasons I purchased it. That being said, there is A LOT to love about this car and I certainly don't regret the purchase. Just those few irritations that leave me scratching my head. (One touch up/down only on drivers door?)

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

DesignGuy21 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:19 am
Uh, my 2021 Rogue Platinum at only a couple hundred under 40K was within $300 of my 2018 Acura TLX with Tech package. I'd expect better. Underwhelmed with some of the technology on this car, which is one of the main reasons I purchased it. That being said, there is A LOT to love about this car and I certainly don't regret the purchase. Just those few irritations that leave me scratching my head. (One touch up/down only on drivers door?)
I think you're missing his point. You purchased a non-premium brand. The fact that its price is nearly the same as a premium brand has nothing to do with it. How does that saying go, if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Rogue One wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:12 pm
DesignGuy21 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:19 am
I think you're missing his point. You purchased a non-premium brand. The fact that its price is nearly the same as a premium brand has nothing to do with it. How does that saying go, if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.
I think everyone is missing the point. Nissan has a history of trying not to annoy people with blaring BS like the idiot sunroof alarms with no squelch on some Acuras and Hondas, or the literally endless seat belt chimes on many Chrysler products. You get very tuned to whacking the brake when you hear that unique, single beep. It only means one thing, something is up your a$$ and you'd better stop. Nothing else on the car sounds like it. You can argue that maybe the volume should be louder, I'll buy that, but I frankly think it's conceptually smart.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Come to think of it, a barely perceptible beep for cross traffic would be beneficial instead of an annoying beeping sound. Moreover, it’s way better than the emergency braking on a Lexus SUV I test drove once.

I remember backing out of the driveway, and because there was so called cross traffic passing by behind me, it went to emergency braking mode and slammed the brakes on me, jolting my head with such force it gave me a slight whiplash effect. I think it was ridiculous for normal everyday backing up from a driveway.

What a turn off. Some of these driving aides do. :poke:

Return to “Rogue Forum”