gearbox compatability

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
nick249
Car: nissan sunny gti oval race car

hi , me again on the scrounge, the car is racing so dam fine but I could do with the benefit of your experiance again. I have adjustable coilovers on the car but they were made for a kit and are becomming a real pain. Would I be right to assume that the pulsar bits would fit my gti. also does anybody know if any other gearboxes fit to my sr20de ie a 1600cc or even a 1.0l box. Im looking for loaaaads more torque, my important area is the 0-80 time we never get out of second gear. Any tips would be of such help thankyou katyxx and nick

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean that you want to get to 80mph in second gear, or is this 80kph and you want to be in third (or higher)?

Any other SR-series transmission should swap onto your engine just fine.

Pulsars are on a different chassis. They share engines with the Sunny, though.

nick249
Car: nissan sunny gti oval race car

hi thanks, I mean that I need low end torque, we race oval circuits so never get above second gear, we are looking to get up to the rev limits as sooon as poss. katyxx

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Right, but how high are your revs going and how low are they dipping? I'm just wondering how much room you have left before your bouncing off the rev limiter the whole time.

I figure an SR16 box is probably going to do the job, but that's just a guess. Look up the ratios to be sure. They may be in your owners manual if there's a smaller engine'd Sunny of your year. Otherwise try to find the owner's manual of a car with a 1.6 or whatever other options you find.

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”