Gear selection malfunctioning

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
owolabi
Car: Nissan altima 2002

could anyone please help me out? i used Nissan altima 2002 model but i dont know what's wrong with my gear when i put ot on drive it will move well but at times it wont select instead the speedometer will be moving up without the selecting.... please help me out i love nissan product so much...

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi owolabi, welcome to NICO Club!

I'm sorry I don't fully understand. What won't select? Are you saying the transmission stays in one gear or won't change gears or are you maybe saying the dashboard won't show you that your car is in drive? What do you mean please? The Altima is a good car, we can help you get it going if we understand the problem a bit better I think.

owolabi
Car: Nissan altima 2002

it will show drive from the dashboard but it wont change gear but if i off my ignition and on it back it will change gear and move well but at time if i got stuck in the traffic it wont change gear again until when i off the ignition and on it back again.... please what can i do about it i love my car so much....

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Okay. Do first and second work fine? But when you try drive, it won't go after a stop? I mean, have you tried just putting it into 1, then 2, then D maybe? Also, check your transmission fluid level and let me know if it needs to be topped off or if it seemed fine. Hey, do you have a check engine light on? Can you get to a parts store or shop where they can connect and OBD2 scanner and check your car's computer for codes? Codes might help if you have any. Thanks.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”