Gauges

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
cfinch

Well i just started putting together a turbo kit for my car. I know im gonna need some gauges to moniter my car like a/f, boost but i was wondering what exatcly an egt gauge is for and is it needed? Also would it be wise to put in a oil pressure and water temp or is there anything else im missing ? I dont want a whole lot of gauges in my car i just want what is needed.

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Exhaust Gas Temperature, and YES you DO NEED IT!Most definately go with those other gauges too.

Rick

cfinch

So the egt gauge would basicly do the same thing my a/f gauge would do but more accurate ? I'm not gonna do much serious tuning and i only plan on running 7psi so could i just get away with the a/f gauge to make sure im not running rich or lean or does the egt serve another purpose ?

98TURBOKA
Car: HOME IMPROVMENTS-MOUNTAIN BIKING- EARNING MONEY-MOVIES

Exhaust gasket temperature, completely different than the a/f. It just tells you how hot the exhaust manifold is, so that you don't damage it. a/f gauge won't tell you that.

TARs14

No. Not exhaust GASKET temperature exhaust GAS temperature. and it tells you exactly what it says, the temperature of the gasses being exhausted from your engine.

You want to know this because if these gasses are too hot it indicates a lean air/fuel mixture.

i.e. you may be about to melt down a piston.

silviaNE
Car: cars what else?

that is correct

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”