Gauge Cluster Swap - Infiniti techs GTFIH

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Gatriel
Car: 2014 QX60

Hey all,

So this *isn't* for a Q50, but for a QX60, but there isn't a lot of traction on those forums for stuff like this and the software and part numbers are very similar.

I am importing a QX60 from the US to Germany. The gauge cluster is predominately displayed in MPH and Germany is KPH.

I've purchased a used KPH gauge cluster out of Canada I'd like to put in my vehicle, but I'd ideally like to not have to take the cluster apart to do it. E.g., the lazy bum in my just wants to take the old one out and put the new one in.

IS this possible? If I was to try this in my BMW -- the car will throw the gauge cluster tamper light, and some programming is necessary to get it to go away and read correct mileage.

If I just plug in the new cluster will it read my vehicle's mileage (if I remember correctly, mileage on the QX60 is stored in three locations, cluster, BCM and somewhere else ...) or the clusters mileage? Will it throw a warning light/error?

If the car will simply read the cluster's mileage and not throw a error or do otherwise funny things, then I'll just drive the car until I'm just under the cluster's mileage and direct swap it in.

If the car will throw error codes or have other issues -- I'll just swap the face-plates -- as much of a pain as it is.

To be fair, the problem isn't the face-plate swap itself, but rather getting the needles off without altering their resting position and then getting them back on in the exact same location.

Thoughts?

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”