gauge cluster and AC not working

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Xanderbilt
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37x

2009 G37x Sedan, instrument cluster, VDC, & A/C not working. The door seal was leaking and the interior got wet. In the past, once the car dried out the gauges & A/C would start working again. I assumed it was just condensation in the electronics. This time, however, it isn't coming back like before. I'm concerned about corrosion and fear I may need to replace some items. I have sealed all the door seals and believe I have stopped the water egress. My question is does anyone know what module(s) controls these systems and where is it located?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The cluster is a standalone and the ABS controls VDC. The only system with any supervisor over it's head would be the HVAC, which is partly subordinate to the BCM. Given your description, if the problem isn't simply blown fuses, I'd say it's likely there's corrosion in the big SMJ (Super Multiple Junction) connectors on whichever side was flooding. If it's the driver's side, it's possible the fusebox has corrosion too. You'll find the SMJ's and adjacent connectors in and/or above the kick panels on each side.

Xanderbilt
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37x

Thank you, that definitely gives me some direction to start troubleshooting.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”