Gas Mileage

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

I've had the G for just over a day now. What kind of average gas mileage do you guys get? If you can list if you drive more city or highway. Just trying to get an idea. The Nav screen on mine indicated about 28 average yesterday but I'm down to 15 average today. While the drive home from the dealer was almost all highway I can't figure the city driving I did today bringing the average down that much. Especially since I've been babying the car to break it in properly. Or is there some anomoly with the way it averages gas mileage? Does it reset itself or only average a certain number of miles?

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

It runs a continous average and then you can choose to reset and it will archive it so that you can track your mileage. With drive under 100 miles it changes pretty dramatically depending on the driving conditions. Sitting in stop and go traffic will really drop it down into the teens, highway you will get high 20's. I drive about a 50/50 city/highway and I am getting about 23mpg now. The longer I have had the car the better the mileage has gotten. At first I was getting about 18-19 and it has steadily gone up to 23.2 now.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

well I had reset it before my drive home from the dealer. That was a good 40 highway miles and got about 28.5 MPG. Then yesterday I drove about 25 miles in the city and it dropped it down to 15.5 MPG. Unless I accidentally reset it, I would think it should be closer to 20. It's still at 15.5 today with the same 25 mile drive.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”