GAS MILEAGE

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
the26game

hello all,I purchased my 2008 rogue this past june - I have been disappointed with my current gas mileage (20.5-21.5) (I usually get 21.5-22.0 highway )

I am interested to hear if anyone else is getting the same, better, worse?

Thanks!

the26game

nevermind...just noticed the above post on gas mileage!

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

I know there is another thread but since I bought mine around the same time you did, I thought I would chime in. Before my first old change I was getting 26-27mpg with mixed highway and around town. After my oil change, ~24.5 to low 25 again mixed driving although my highway is mostly traffic. DC Traffic SUCKS

philipa_240sx

As per the gas mileage posts, etc... there are many factors that affect mileage:

- Driving style: aggressive acceleration and/or city driving will use more gas. The nature of the CVT makes this worse as it stay at higher rpms longer (and use more gas) than a conventional automatic.- High speed driving: Wind drag increases exponentially with speed and so does fuel consumption. As pretty as the Rogue is, it's a tall vehicle and punches a large hole through the air... not the best thing for fuel economy.- Type of gas: winter gas formulations typically give slightly lower mileage.- Vehicle mileage: it typically takes +5000 miles for the engine and transmission to fully break in. Fuel economy improves afterwards.

Those getting 28-30mpg generally have a light foot keeping rpms below 2000 and don't exceed the posted speed limits.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

For me another big factor is distance/time of each driving trip.

I have a 7 minute drive to work, so the car barely gets to warm up, and most of my other trips like to the grocery store, etc. are very short distances. So over the course of a tank of gas I'm driving my car cold for a lot more miles than someone who drives predominantly on the highway or for long periods of time. The numerous short drives has caused my fuel efficiency numbers to suffer, not to mention it's not that great for the engine over the long term!!

RiverRogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Jimothy12 wrote: DC Traffic SUCKS
It sure does.

I'm getting over 30mpg on road trips, around 25ish around town. During the break in I got in 27-28mpg, but now that the cars broken in (and probably gas is not over $4/g) I'm driving a bit more aggressively and the gas milage is affected by that.

Also, the Rogue's gas milage has delined to 22-24mpg now that its cold and wet. Could be because I'm warming up the car in the morning, and when I go to work, some days its in the high-20's, low 30's.

Understand that the gas reformulates for the winter and that could be adding to the decreased gas milage from what I'm use to.

Return to “Rogue Forum”