Gas Mileage Indicator

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
chickenhawk2
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube

Ok,

I have been driving my cube for about a week now. I am addicted to it like a fat kid loves cake! I have a question. The indicator that shows how many miles per gallon when you are driving, is it accurate? I have the manual transmission and according to that indicator no matter what gear I am in it seems to get better miles per gallon when its at about 3,000 rpms. Why is that? If it is actually the case I have to change up my driving habits some. I have changed them quite a bit. My Saturn SL2 I could zip through traffic and get decent milelage, but with the cube I just want to cruise around and take my time. Its unfortunate though, I filled the tank on Monday and its now Sunday and I had to put gas in it. I got about 280 miles. Is this normal. The indicator stated I got about 28 miles per gallon. Is this the average that you all seem to be getting? Is there anyway I can improve it? Let me know what you all have done to improve it. I am up for trying anything, as long as it doesn't screw up the car. :inout:

Thanks

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

You are about right on track, some people get more but I think most average 28. I average less because of my wheels and roof rack, but before all that stuff I got about 28-32 depending on driving habits. Ga doesn't give us great MPG because of all the hills. I know the autos are supposed to be better than manuals in gas, but it really depends on how you drive.

chickenhawk2
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube

Thanks chomps. I am near the coast so there aren't too many hills like up where you are. I dont know if its the heat, all the smokey air due to the fires or what. Driving into work this morning I attempted to keep it at about 30-32 MPG. I will let you know what I get at my next fill up.

jdansmith
Car: 2008 Sentra 2.0S, 91 Sentra 1.6DHOC, 89 Hardbody Z24

They seem to get better mileage after 6,000 miles sometimes more. A coworker said his mileage was 26/27 till around 8,500 and now consistently gets 31mpg. He shifts between 2,250 to 2,500 rpm first and second, 25 mile commute ea. way at 50 mph rolling hills and a half a dozen red lights.

CBURKE
Car: 2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V!

I love watching it! lol
You can really tell if you get behind a big truck, you will see your numbers go up. When you get out from behind it, they will go down! I have pulled on an average of 31mpg by doing this. Now I do use cruise control but I am also a 6 speed. I have been behind a trunk in the hwy and have seen it get 38 to 40 MPGs if the road is good and flat!

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

I drive too fast and there are too many long hills around here for me to get that great of mileage. Still averaging between 26 and 28

Return to “Cube Forum”