Gas Milage on your M45 (before break in)

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
macrossVFX

Hi all,

First of all. thank you for everyone that told me about the lease pricing. I manage to find a decent deal in the Bay Area and I got a M45 Sports/Nav/Tech/Journ on Monday.

I notice that my gas tank is going down FAST and i wanted to know what everyone's average is prior to break-in. based on the computer, I am getting about 14 - 16 with a combine city/hightway milage. This seems a little high. i had the car for 5 days, and driven 177 miles, now the tank has a quarter tank left, seems like its burng quite a bit of gas.

I read from other postings that after break in, things will get a lot better. is that true? If I am going to continue to get 14 - 16 with about 300 miles a tank, I may need to consider getting a beater car to supplement my M. (a used 240sx comes to mind )

Please share some of your experience.

thank you

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

With 60% highway driving, in my 2003 M45, which has a similar engine to yours, I get around 16 to 17 mpg.

After break-in, you should see about the same. With more highway miles, you will see a bit better, and with less highway miles, a bit less.

When my wife has the car (zero highway miles), she average about 1 to 2mpg below me. It is probably not worse because she does not drive as nuts as I do!

macrossVFX

thanks for the repsonse Hey... you're in SJ also..... Do we do mini-meets here?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

macrossVFX wrote:thanks for the repsonse Hey... you're in SJ also..... Do we do mini-meets here?
We should!

Unfortunately, I rarely find time to go to them ... on weekends, focus is on family together time since I spend so much time at work during the week.

But, in July, my wife and son will be away visiting his grandparents! That will be the right time for me to go to some meets.

Z

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

I got 16 on my first couple fillups. After 2,800 miles, I got 20.2 for the first time. And that's doing the same driving to work and all.

M.45ACP
Car: 06 M45 Sport

I'm getting comparable gas mileage, so I expect that's the norm. I've experimented a bit with the instant fuel economy display, and I was amazed at how even the slightest bit of throttle drops the bar waayy down. What annoys the heck out of me is that no one around here has any clue on how to drive efficiently (In terms of fuel economy), and since I'm always stuck behind someone, their moronic driving** is killing my fuel economy as well!

Best regards, Matt

** Braking for no reason at all, and not using the terrain to their advantage, like using a downslope to pick up speed, and braking before having to climb a really big hill

zindallas
Car: M 45 Sport

Mixed driving in the first 1000 miles I was getting 17 - 18 in my M 45 Sport.

Second 1000 miles was a road trip to Atlanta - running 80 - 100mph - got 21 - 22.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”