gas consumption on winter blend

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
SLOW_V

Is it me or this year the gas this winter being used are getting worse MPG? My titan at 24 gallons only can get 250 miles, which in the past at 22 gallons I could get 300 miles. The winter beat mazda protege normally get 280 miles on 8 gallon are getting 250 on 8 gallon. Now with the new rogue, i have to fill almost 14 gallons at 210 miles. Currently the rogue has little over 300 miles. I'm hoping this wasn't a bad investment into an awd car...

IdaCrue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

In the summer my Rogue was averaging between 27mpg to 29mpg around town. Now in the winter I am getting about 22 mpg or 23 mpg. It is probably a combination of winter blend gas, cold weather, and plowing through the snow. I expect my mileage will increase again in the spring, and I would image yours would too.

philipa_240sx

It is very typical to see a mileage decrease in winter. I cannot explain why it seems worse this year... maybe a different blend is being used? Colder weather and longer warm up times? Have you switched brands of gas this year?

The low mileage of your vehicle also affects fuel economy and the very first tank of fuel isn't a good indicator. Typically it takes about 5000 miles before the Rogue's engine is fully broken in and gets it's best fuel economy.

I have observed this first hand on 2 brand new Nissan vehicles ('03 Altima 2.5S, '08 Rogue SL FWD) . Fuel economy increased more than 20% from brand new after I put a few thousand miles on it. IMHO it's a combination of the way the engine is designed and ECU programming.

Return to “Rogue Forum”