Gas/Brake Pedal Peeve

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
RubenTheRogue
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Only peeve with the Rogue is the pedals.

I don't like how the gas & brake pedals are not flush with each other...the gas pedal is recessed farther towards the firewall than the brake. I have to completely lift my foot off the floor and pull it backwards to hit the brakes rather than just pivot my foot on the heel and keep it on the floor. It makes it difficult to choose a seat setting for driving. It is the wife's daily driver, not mine so it has taken me some time to figure it out.

I haven't owned an automatic in years, maybe it is that way in auto trannys now?

philipa_240sx

My '03 Altima 2.5S with a 5 spd manual had a very similar pedal height difference. It worked fine for heel & toe shifting as the brake pedal when depressed matched the gas pedal height. But when switching from gas to brake, the height difference was noticeable. I don't find it annoying, however I can see it might be for some.

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

I wonder if that was a design idea that somebody thought would help people from accidentally hitting the gas instead of the brake pedal.

I personally never would have even noticed it if you hadn't brought it up.

Briguy1027

I definitely didn't notice. In fact, I can't say that you're right even. I would never testify in court about the pedals at all, LOL.

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

At 1st, I didn't like how close together they put the 2 pedals, but I've gotten used to it. BTW, I drive w/ both feet.
Modified by 2009 Indigo Blue at 11:36 AM 12/28/2008

duanekimball
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I left foot brake and the parking brake is messing me up.I've only had the car for 400 miles, but it's bad enough for me to haveto "fix it" somehow.

I did notice the strange gas pedal, but since I don't move my right foot..not a big deal for me.

drugar

Maybe it's just me, but I seem to have trouble getting my foot past the brake pedal to put my foot on the gas. Like someone else said , it's my wifes car so no big deal.

Return to “Rogue Forum”