(GAB) ghetto air box mod for 3.3l pathfinder/QX4

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
pathfinder_se_black
Car: 2000 pathfinder, FG2 civic si

haha once i find a bottom part of the air box ill post pictures on how to make one. i was looking at the maxima forums and i had an idea..stay tuned.
Modified by pathfinder_se_black at 9:22 PM 2/7/2007

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

You gonna cut holes in it like the toyota guys??

pathfinder_se_black

not holes but use the bottom portion to just hold the filter in place cut it so its open but with a design. im sure no one would be able to notice difference in acceleration but it will sound cool.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

pathfinder_se_black wrote: im sure no one would be able to notice difference in acceleration but it will sound cool.

They might notice a *negative* difference in acceleration if you are planning on sucking up warmer under-hood temps!

Throttle response would probably be quicker, however...

pathfinder_se_black

i wanted to see if i could make a cut so i would have a heat shield or atleast make one. could u show me what they did at the 4runner forums?

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

I removed my resonator on my 240sx to get a bit more growl out of it. . Then I got a JWT pop charger. . I think the VG would sound pretty nice with one, but I'll leave it alone . . . maybe

pathfinder_se_black

oh the resonator is those other tubes before the box? and is jwt pop charger good?

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

pathfinder_se_black wrote:oh the resonator is those other tubes before the box? and is jwt pop charger good?
Well I haven't taken my R50 apart, but in my 240sx it was a box behind the driver's side fender lining. The purpose was to muffle the sound of the intake. There was a tube that went from the airbox before the filter, down to that.

I believe the R50 is the same. .

The JWT filter looks a lot like a K&N -- for the 240sx, it was supposedly the best on the market really for that engine. . I just wash it and re-oil it every 50k miles or so.

I may not put one on the QX4 only because I plan on taking it off road more than I did the 240sx

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”