G50 Update: (New Shoes)

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
REC
Car: 90 Q45 (100shot Nos - Nico Stage 3 Ecu)

Took me sometime to make a decision on which wheels to go with because I didn't wan't to go too VIP and drop 4k on wheels nor did my budget allow me too and I didn't want to go away from the way I built this car which was for performance not the bagged luxury look. I also wanted something that had the old school VIP dish look since my car is a 1990. So this is what I came up with. They are TSW Sakata 5's....Front: 19x9.5(3.5"lip) (245/35/19) - Rear: 20x10(4.5"lip) (265/35/20). I know my car still isn't VIP style but I'm working on it. Future plans are to go with a JP front and rear bumpers as I'm not really liking the Xenon lip kit anymore. Thanks for viewing....

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Man, I like those a lot. The offset is decent, and the brushed lips are sweet. Are you running spacers? If you are, I would have ditched the spacers and went with a lower offset. It's cool though, just my preference. Looking great!

REC

You must mean higher offset bro. I'm running 20off in front and 15 in rear with 10mm spacers in rear. I have many hours in rolling and adjusting to get these to fit. I had to wait on the rear adjustable arms to fit the rears the way i wanted. In VIP you want it sticking out not sunken in. Thanks for your your compliments.

unknown007
Car: White 1993 Q45 (G50)

OMFG!!!I HATE YOU!!!I'm so jealous!!!First it was a ricer now it's like jaws drop!!!NICE!!!!

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

Maybe it's just me. It looked as though though they were around the +30 to +35 in the front and about a +25 to +30 in the rear. My bad. Still looks better than mine bro.

REC

jltibbs wrote:Maybe it's just me. It looked as though though they were around the +30 to +35 in the front and about a +25 to +30 in the rear. My bad. Still looks better than mine bro.
Look at the 2nd picture bro. I had to go in -4 camber just to get the fronts to tuck. Almost -5 to get the rears to fit. Look closer and you can see the bottom of the wheels are nearly 5" away from the body of the car. In terms of VIP its near perfect fitment and stance for coils. Remember I drive at this height where most pictures you see of vip cars slammed is just parked. No way could they roll around that tucked, I guarantee they are resting the tires on the inner wells with that stance. Also its actually about 1/2" lower then it looks in the pics but the road I was parked on was far lower on the passenger side which slightly lifted the drivers side. I'll get some better pics this week of it on level ground.
Modified by REC at 7:15 PM 9/2/2008

TBrack
Car: none

are those coils as far down as they can go? I ran into that problem but I'm not sure how to go lower...

mista808
Car: G50 president

Coming along very nicely... if you wanna upgrade to a 94-96 front end, ill be selling mine in the near future.... but im all the way out in hawaii... great start...

REC

lasoyafan wrote:are those coils as far down as they can go? I ran into that problem but I'm not sure how to go lower...
Yeah they are bottomed out on the sleeve. What also helps is to get adjustable control arms in the front and rear. Since the suspension is fully independent the entire hub is pulled up and inward when going in negative camber. Hell my car probably wen't down a good 1" in the front and 1/2" in the rear by adjusting the upper arms to go -4 camber. Goodluck

unknown007
Car: White 1993 Q45 (G50)

what coils you using?and you roll your fenders?

TBrack

REC wrote:
Yeah they are bottomed out on the sleeve. What also helps is to get adjustable control arms in the front and rear. Since the suspension is fully independent the entire hub is pulled up and inward when going in negative camber. Hell my car probably wen't down a good 1" in the front and 1/2" in the rear by adjusting the upper arms to go -4 camber. Goodluck
Yea I have camber arms fully adjusted to the edge of the tread on front and rear. What brand you running? I have JIC and in the manual it says don't adjust the spring cause it changes the spring rate, but do you think it would be fine to adjust the spring length by about an inch?

REC

lasoyafan wrote:
Yea I have camber arms fully adjusted to the edge of the tread on front and rear. What brand you running? I have JIC and in the manual it says don't adjust the spring cause it changes the spring rate, but do you think it would be fine to adjust the spring length by about an inch?
I'm running tein coils....Front arms are stillen , rears are megan. When you say adjust spring do you mean cutting it? You can probably chop a one good coil off the top of the spring and get an additional 1" of drop without effecting the springrate to much at least not enough to notice. Plus bro your building a VIP car now so who cares about springrates lol...Man I was all about performance but most of that goes out the door when your attempting VIP wheel fitment. I've pulled front and rear fenders on my car out at least an 1" and spent hella time with a 5lb sledge knocking in the inner wheel well so my wide *** tires don't rub on the inside. You have to pay to play I guess. Later...

TBrack

REC wrote:
I'm running tein coils....Front arms are stillen , rears are megan. When you say adjust spring do you mean cutting it? You can probably chop a one good coil off the top of the spring and get an additional 1" of drop without effecting the springrate to much at least not enough to notice. Plus bro your building a VIP car now so who cares about springrates lol...Man I was all about performance but most of that goes out the door when your attempting VIP wheel fitment. I've pulled front and rear fenders on my car out at least an 1" and spent hella time with a 5lb sledge knocking in the inner wheel well so my wide *** tires don't rub on the inside. You have to pay to play I guess. Later...
no theres a collar that keeps the spring in place, the manual says not to tighten the spring. but good point, what does the spring rate matter really, it will only get higher with tighter tension = bad ride that can easily be fixed by adjusting the dampener.

I pulled mine about the same amount, still need to deal with the wheel wells so I can go lower, removing the liners isn't enough!

Return to “VIP Forum”