G50 Q45 Belt Tension and Deflection, Belt Part Numbers

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Gort400 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 5:00 pm
I don't have a good answer for you. What happened to me was that my alternator worked for 20 days. Then it failed with the exact same problem. I don have the capability to take the alternator out ad re do everything again right now. I also suspect a wiring problem. Two alternators with the EXACT problem and both testing on the bench perfect??? I also have a belt squealing at start up. It does quiet down. None of the belts are loose. I plan to slowly tighten the alternator belt to see if the squealing stops. Im not much help. PS Running on battery! Spare battery in the trunk, when needed.
Repeated failures of that sort are usually either from misalignment or a balky bearing, generally the tensioner (or idler, if your engine has any). You're quite right that two straight alternators are unlikely to have the same issue. So unless the alternators are being installed misaligned, they probably aren't the culprit.

Gort400

VStar650CL ,
Thank for the information. I will get back to it hopefully soon. I have to work and only have the Q, so I have to do what I have to do!

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”