G37Xs 2010 adaptive cruise issue

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Hugo'sG37x

Has anyone ever tried to enter into the slef diagnostic menu of the cruise?
The Cruise amber light is always on and the manual indicates the following procedure in order to enter the self diagnostic mode which should point out a number on the dash display corresponding on the issue type. On my side, I have tried it many times and nothing happens... Here is the procedure:
Wait for 5 seconds after starting the engine.
Push up the RESUME/ACCELERATE switch 5 times and
push down the SET/COAST switch 5 times within 10 seconds.

Since I bought the car (used) the cruise never wanted to turn on. The amber cruise light means that ther is a cruise issue. I was told that maybe if it is related to the radar cruise, we can bypass it by pressing the ON/OFF button during 5sec while driving. This should disable the radar cruise and the standard cruise should come on. Certainly because the cruise amber light is lit, any cruise option should be impossible.

Therfore, can someone at least try the self diagnostic test above and respond if they have at least can successfully access this mode and tell me what they are reading on the dash between the rpm and speed dials?

Thanks!

Hugo'sG37x

Can anyone help me by trying the procedure of my initial post please?
I need to confirm if something is wrong with mine in case anyone tells me that they see something happen from this procedure.
Not sure If you must have radar cruise to have this self diagnostic option though...

Thanks in advance to one of you that will help me!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”